Wikiposts

Interview Date

Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

LiLGuru7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Date

My fiancee finally received her interview date. It's scheduled for March 1st, 2004. It's good and all but it's too long. Around that time I won't be able to go to Cambodia and bring her over to America. The only time I'm able to go to Cambodia is in January. At that time I'll be in my winter break. Is it possible if I could ask the embassy to change my interview date at an earliest date possible?

Richard
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:47 pm

maximus76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interview Date

Originally posted by LiLGuru7
My fiancee finally received her interview date. It's scheduled for March 1st, 2004. It's good and all but it's too long. Around that time I won't be able to go to Cambodia and bring her over to America. The only time I'm able to go to Cambodia is in January. At that time I'll be in my winter break. Is it possible if I could ask the embassy to change my interview date at an earliest date possible?

Richard
I'd really doubt that they'll change the interview date, probably others scheduled that period. I wish we could set our dates...
good luck!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by LiLGuru7

Richard
Hi:

It does not hurt to ask. However, I have a feeling that that IS the earliest possible date. I can't say that for certain, but since it is so far out, it has the feeling to me as having been set based upon workload considerations.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:35 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think a complicating factor here is that Guru's fiancee is from Cambodia, and it's the embassy in Bangkok, Thailand, that processes visas for Cambodian citizens.

I don't know this for certain, but I suspect that the Cambodian interviews may be 'batched', that is certain times set aside for the Cambodians only, which limits the flexibility of scheduling the interviews. I have this feeling because the time between submission of the DS-230 and the interview date seems to be noticably longer for Cambodian applicants than for Thai applicants.

It's worse for Cambodian K3 applicants, because consular officers from the Bangkok embassy must travel to the embassy in Cambodia to conduct the interviews. I don't know the frequency of these visits.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It does not hurt to ask. However, I have a feeling that that IS the earliest possible date. I can't say that for certain, but since it is so far out, it has the feeling to me as having been set based upon workload considerations.