Wikiposts

Interview Date

Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:04 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Date

I decided to call the Embassy in London today to see if i had been given an Interview Date, and too my surprise i have. The big day is the 17th September - quite a shock seen as i only sent back packet 3 last Thursday!!

I'm so excited!!
Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:25 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Date

Originally posted by justboy
I decided to call the Embassy in London today to see if i had been given an Interview Date, and too my surprise i have. The big day is the 17th September - quite a shock seen as i only sent back packet 3 last Thursday!!

I'm so excited!!
Congratulations! I am a week after you - please post your experiences of the day, I am sure I will be nervous by then!

Debbie
Old Aug 27th 2003, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by justboy

I'm so excited!!
Congratulations honey - our time is getting closer

I love you
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Aug 27th 2003, 3:29 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default Congrats you two!!

Woohoo Amy and darn i can't think of your honey's name!!! September 17th...I can't wait to hear what ours is...he's going to send his packet 3 in on the same date he receives it also...i went over all the forms with him last night on the phone to make sure he fills them out correctly. I'm so excited i'm gonna burst!!!! I can't wait to purchase my plane tickets over there!!!!

Carey
Old Aug 27th 2003, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Congrats you two!!

Originally posted by Careybear
Woohoo Amy and darn i can't think of your honey's name!!! September 17th...I can't wait to hear what ours is...he's going to send his packet 3 in on the same date he receives it also...i went over all the forms with him last night on the phone to make sure he fills them out correctly. I'm so excited i'm gonna burst!!!! I can't wait to purchase my plane tickets over there!!!!

Carey
Thanks Carey! His name is Gav Hopefully you will hear something soon! It really went by fast and I think that the Embassy definitely does try and schedule you as close to the date of travel as possible. Gav put 19th September on his form.

Good luck to you and Paul, and we hope to make your rescheduled wedding!

Amy
Old Aug 27th 2003, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

EricL is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, Amy! Things have went very quickly for you and your hubby. I'm hoping that my wife will find out when her interview is sometime in the next week or so.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 6:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! :-)
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:13 am
Michelle.Moir

Hi there we are still in the Nebraska Prison....LOL
NOA! 21st April 2003
NOA2 maybe October ????

I would like to know since I am UK citizen (Scotland ) how long were you in
NVC and then how long before you got pack 3 from London ?

Interested to know as it will give me a guide as to what I can expect in
timescales

Michelle
"justboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I decided to call the Embassy in London today to see if i had been given
    > an Interview Date, and too my surprise i have. The big day is the 17th
    > September - quite a shock seen as i only sent back packet 3 last
    > Thursday!!
    > I'm so excited!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 27th 2003, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

rob133 is an unknown quantity at this point

for us NVC had the file 6 days (that was a Friday till Wednesday) and the embassy recieved it 7 days later. The post up here is ropey to say the least and Packet 3 was recieved 6 days after the date on the postmark - thats 6 days after the embassy got it.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by EricL
Congrats, Amy! Things have went very quickly for you and your hubby. I'm hoping that my wife will find out when her interview is sometime in the next week or so.
Thank you Eric! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well (and quickly!) for you and your wife .....

All the best,
Amy
Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle,

We were stuck in the NVC for a little under two weeks. The reason I am thinking that is because my letter from NVC was dated 4th August, however the Embassy didn't receive it until 15th August.

Packet #3 was received about a week later.

Good luck!

Regards,
Amy
Old Aug 27th 2003, 2:29 pm
Michelle.Moir

That's great at I know what to expect and maybe just maybe I will get to
reach my wedding date 29th November ...if not that date as long as I am with
my Fiancé for Xmas , I ,is him sooooooooo much and we just can't wait to be
Husband and Wife

Many happy years ahead to you and yours
Thanks
Michelle (Scotland ) & Herb (Michigan )

"amylass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi Michelle,
    > We were stuck in the NVC for a little under two weeks. The reason I am
    > thinking that is because my letter from NVC was dated 4th August,
    > however the Embassy didn't receive it until 15th August.
    > Packet #3 was received about a week later.
    > Good luck!
    > Regards,
    > Amy
    > --

Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:45 pm
In the UK

Hi michelle....

our approval from nebraska was Monday, August 11th...the petition got to NVC on Friday, august 15th, NVC sent petition to London on Tuesday, August 19th and London had petition on Friday August 22. (they might have gotten it before that but got an email on friday saying they had it). Waiting for packet 3. Hopefully, if we're lucky we'll have that by Saturday so he can send it on Saturday and be like Debbie and know by Tuesday what his interview date will be. He's going to put that he plans to travel on September 9th. So hopefully we can get close to that for our interview. I would love his interview to be on a Monday so i can go over on a Saturday night and get there Sunday morning, have interview on Monday, travel back to his house and party with his best friends Monday night and travel back to London on Tuesday and fly to New York and then drive to Michigan...makes the tickets cheaper with that Saturday night stay...$328 r/t from JFK to Heathrow on American Airlines. But actually i might just take Air India because they have the cheapest one way flight for Paul at £219 to jfk from london and it would only be $373 for me to do it r/t. So, I think i'll just pay the little extra to be on the same flight as him.

Just wondering since I will be with him can I take him through the US citizens line with me at the POE? I think I remember reading someone else who had come back with their fiance and the immigration people let the fiance go with their us citizen fiance through their line. And it was quicker!!

Carey

Originally posted by Michelle.Moir
That's great at I know what to expect and maybe just maybe I will get to
reach my wedding date 29th November ...if not that date as long as I am with
my Fiancé for Xmas , I ,is him sooooooooo much and we just can't wait to be
Husband and Wife

Many happy years ahead to you and yours
Thanks
Michelle (Scotland ) & Herb (Michigan )

"amylass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi Michelle,
    > We were stuck in the NVC for a little under two weeks. The reason I am
    > thinking that is because my letter from NVC was dated 4th August,
    > however the Embassy didn't receive it until 15th August.
    > Packet #3 was received about a week later.
    > Good luck!
    > Regards,
    > Amy
    > --
Old Aug 27th 2003, 10:45 pm
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a hint to all of you who are looking to buy your plane tickets within the next few weeks. Try booking through http://www.statravel.co.uk

I got my ticket today. London Gatwick direct to Minneapolis, with Northwest Airlines for only £250!!

Icelandair have cheaper published fairs but they have all already been snapped up!

Gavin
Old Aug 28th 2003, 6:18 pm
In the UK

Default OMGGGGGGG

I was just talking with paul on the phone (well actually i called him at 5 a.m. his time) and at around 7 a.m. his time he heard his mail come and the Packet 3 was there!!! I was so excited that I was still on the phone with him when he got it!!! Omg!!! September 3rd is my birthday and i should know by that day what our interview date is!!! This is the best birthday present ever!!!!

I'm so happy i can't go to sleep now and it's 2:26 a.m. and i have to be to work at 8 a.m. or so!!! OH happy day!!

Carey