Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - but i received 'approval' letter

Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - but i received 'approval' letter

Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

CoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - but i received 'approval' letter

Hi all, on August 23rd, we attended our GC interview and all went well. We were told there and then we were all good, we'd receive it soon, and what we should do when the initial 2 years is running out to get the 10 year, etc. She even offered to do some sort of stamp allowing us to travel in the meantime as we told her we'd just had a nephew born in the UK that week.

We shortly received a letter in the mail, one each in fact, informing us that my application for permanent residence was approved. All good.

So have been expecting to see it arrive in the mail any day. The letter says 3 weeks, which will be this Wednesday.

I just went on to check the online 'case status' just out of interest, expecting to see something along similar lines, but it says:

Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Any explanation for this? I've googled and things seem to suggest that cases can take further review after the interview, but I don't imagine they would have sent the letter if that was the case?
Old Sep 9th 2017, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - but i received 'approval' let

I'm not sure about this exact status, but please don't put too much thought on the USCIS case status website. It honestly sucks. Mine was broken on my I-129F petition and now on my I-485.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - but i received 'approval' let

Originally Posted by CoachMB
Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed.
As tom169 suggests - it's pretty meaningless. My own AOS status continued to show "under review" not only after I received the actual card... but until about 2 years after I became a USC.

Ian