Wikiposts

Interview checklist

Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all
Post Interview checklist

Hi everyone,

I know this has been asked a lot, but I just wanted to be sure. The medical is now done, DS160 and notification of readiness submitted, so while I wait I want to be positive I have everything ready.

I have:
  • My DS160 confirmation print-out
  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Police certificate
  • A US visa-sized picture (it worked on the DS160 form but I’m taking one in case)
  • The original I-129f packet with pictures, tickets, etc (I know the London embassy apparently don’t ask for this anymore but I’d rather have something I don’t need than not have something I do)
  • Further proof of ongoing relationship as we’ve seen each other again since the petition was sent (same as above)
  • Updated letter of intent from petitioner (doing mine tomorrow)
  • I-134 filled in by petitioner, along with letter of proof of employment, bank statement, pay checks.
  • I-134 filled in by co-sponsor, along with tax return and a summary of their 401k.

Am I missing anything? I only send the notification off last week so we’re a while away yet.

Forgot to add: this is for a K1 fiancé visa.

Last edited by breakerfall; Aug 5th 2014 at 7:43 am.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview checklist

There's no co-sponsor allowed for the I-134. If your fiance doesn't qualify financially, another person can be your sponsor. You can bring your fiance's I-134 if the ConOff wants to see it, but the other person won't be a co-sponsor. .. they will be your sponsor.

The I-864 allows a joint sponsor, if you still need one when these times comes to do AOS.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all

Oh okay, I’d gotten the requirements for the K1 and the AOS mixed up. Do I need anything else to go with the tax return and 401k info?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breakerfall
Oh okay, I’d gotten the requirements for the K1 and the AOS mixed up. Do I need anything else to go with the tax return and 401k info?
The ConOff sometimes asks for the most recent 3 years of tax returns, so make sure you have all 3.

Is the sponsor using JUST the 401K funds on the I-134? If so, I'm not sure that will work out, unless he's already collecting the money from it (i.e. he's retired). The 401K funds can't be considered an asset unless he can draw on the funds within 1 year.

Or is the sponsor actually showing income on the I-134...and if showing income, there's no need to show the 401K information.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:11 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

The same as you have listed for your petitioner's I134, letter of employment, bank statements and pay stubs are good.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:12 am

I'm also just curious....it sounds like your fiancé is working and has savings. Is he/she not earning enough to sponsor you?

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

He’s still employed, so he isn’t using the 401k right now.

The info about his pay is on the tax return.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm also just curious....it sounds like your fiancé is working and has savings. Is he/she not earning enough to sponsor you?

Rene
That’s right. She has a enough for us to live on while I wait for my EAD but not enough to meet the requirements for the K1.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:41 am

That’s right. She has a enough for us to live on while I wait for my EAD but not enough to meet the requirements for the K1.
What are the income requirements for the K-1? Just wondering where you got the information, since there is not really an income requirement for the K-1. It will be at the interviewing officer's discretion.

The I-864 has strict income guidelines...but the I-134 does not.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:43 am

He’s still employed, so he isn’t using the 401k right now.

The info about his pay is on the tax return.
I don't understand why you would include a letter of employment and pay stubs with the petitioner's I-134 (who you say does not qualify), but not for the intending sponsor's I-134?

The petitioner's info about pay would also be on the tax return.

Since the sponsor is not using the 401K, and it can't be accessed until he retires, I would leave that information off, to keep it simple. However, I would include proof of current income, such as letter from employer and/or pay stubs.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

So a letter from the employer and pay stubs along with the tax return should be enough?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't understand why you would include a letter of employment and pay stubs with the petitioner's I-134 (who you say does not qualify), but not for the intending sponsor's I-134?
I was going on the basis that this would be co-sponsorship, rather than one or the other.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:50 am

Even if it were a co-sponsorship (or joint sponsor, such as allowed with the I-864), each person would still need to prove their own income. Their income is not combined in any way.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:50 am

So a letter from the employer and pay stubs along with the tax return should be enough?
Yes. Signed I-134, letter from employer and/or a few pay stubs, and most recent 3 years of tax returns.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Just confusion and looking too far ahead instead of what’s in front of me. Luckily this is still weeks away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.