Interview appointment but still no SSN/EAD

Interview appointment but still no SSN/EAD

Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

pattschn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview appointment but still no SSN/EAD

Hello guys,

i need advice:
i got my interview appointment for october but still havent got my work permit Dont you usually get your work permit before you get an interview appointment? Because now I still dont have a SSN and american ID ! Will I get my SSN after my appointment?? Im kinda confused and dont know if that is a bad sign ... !! Still have 4 weeks from now so I hope I will get my SSN until I go to the interview... !!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview appointment but still no SSN/EAD

Originally Posted by pattschn
i got my interview appointment for october...
An interview for what? Please don't force us to review your entire history.

Ian
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
An interview for what? Please don't force us to review your entire history.

Ian
Hey Ian,
he filed marriage based .Wrong forum though.

Also OP:

when did you file ?

You need to apply for a SSN and Driver license once you have your EAD or GC.
Whatever comes first.

And as Ian said you need to give timeline and full story if you want help.

We all have crystal balls but they always show black smoke and never give the right answer

CCR
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys,

i need advice:
i got my interview appointment for october but still havent got my work permit Dont you usually get your work permit before you get an interview appointment? Because now I still dont have a SSN and american ID ! Will I get my SSN after my appointment?? Im kinda confused and dont know if that is a bad sign ... !! Still have 4 weeks from now so I hope I will get my SSN until I go to the interview... !!
I see from previous posts that you have filed AOS from within the USA. AOS processing seems to be moving quite a bit faster lately, so it's not uncommon to get your AOS appointment before your EAD.

If you don't get your EAD before your AOS interview, you will probably have to wait to get your green card in hand before you can get your SSN and other IDs.

But definitely nothing to worry about. Just start preparing for the AOS interview.

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I see from previous posts that you have filed AOS from within the USA. AOS processing seems to be moving quite a bit faster lately, so it's not uncommon to get your AOS appointment before your EAD.

If you don't get your EAD before your AOS interview, you will probably have to wait to get your green card in hand before you can get your SSN and other IDs.

But definitely nothing to worry about. Just start preparing for the AOS interview.

Rene
Hi Rene,
just checked her previous posts the she filed around the 17 of August.

Means biometrics +90 days = EAD probably mid of october.

They are really fast now with AOS.

Kind regards
CCR
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For the OP

Don't worry about the social security number issue. Just to reiterate, you don't need an EAD to get it if you have the green card or the equilvant in your passport which is an I-551 stamp.

In your case, since you might well have the AOS interview before the EAD arrives in the mail, please ask the adjudicating officer if he/she would be kind enough to give you the I-551 stamp and explain that you cannot get your social security number and be able to work without it since you haven't received an EAD.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

I got my interview appt like 6 weeks after applying for GC, but got my AP and EAD 6 more weeks after that.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Hey, Im sorry for not telling my whole story and posting in the wrong forum It was like 430 am, lol and I guess I couldnt think straight.

I filed I 485, I 131, I 130 and I 765 in the middle of august, being already in the states.
I thought I have my SSN before getting an interview appointment so I can get my american ID and change my last name on our common bank accounts, apt. lease and so on. And since they are telling me that I have to bring my EAD and AP to the interview I was really confused. But now I feel better because you guys told me it is nothing to worry about, thank you
By the way, what do they mean by saying: you must bring all documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status??
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

When did you obtain your social security number? Were you here on another visa before marrying and applying for adjustment of status? If so that might be the explanation.

In any case, as long as you already have it, great.

As for not bringing the EAD and AP to the interview not a problem. The AO will know that you never received them when they check your data base online.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
When did you obtain your social security number? Were you here on another visa before marrying and applying for adjustment of status? If so that might be the explanation.

In any case, as long as you already have it, great.

As for not bringing the EAD and AP to the interview not a problem. The AO will know that you never received them when they check your data base online.
From what I can tell, the OP does not have the SSN yet.

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

I havent obtain my SSN because I have to wait for my work permit to get it (right?? At least that is what they told me ).

I wasnt here on a visa, i was on vacation and spontaneously got married.

Thank you for your answer
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kthx
I got my interview appt like 6 weeks after applying for GC, but got my AP and EAD 6 more weeks after that.
So did you get your SSN with your Greencard in hand or did you wait for your EAD?
You cannot start workin with only your SSN, can you? Basically that means if I get the Greencard first I can get my SSN but have to wait for my EAD to apply for jobs, right?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:04 pm

I havent obtain my SSN because I have to wait for my work permit to get it (right?? At least that is what they told me ).
Yes, that's correct. Now you will probably have your green card before the EAD, but still another month to go. Your EAD could still come first, and if it does, use that to get your SSN. If you don't get the EAD before your AOS interview, ask the officer to give you an I-551 stamp so you can get the SSN from that. If the officer won't give you the stamp, you'll have to wait for the actual green card in the mail.

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:04 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Right.

Regards, JEff

I wasnt here on a visa, i was on vacation and spontaneously got married.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, that's correct. Now you will probably have your green card before the EAD, but still another month to go. Your EAD could still come first, and if it does, use that to get your SSN. If you don't get the EAD before your AOS interview, ask the officer to give you an I-551 stamp so you can get the SSN from that. If the officer won't give you the stamp, you'll have to wait for the actual green card in the mail.

Rene
Alright, now I am in the know Thank you !!

So what do they mean by "all documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status??" ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.