Interview Already...I am in shock

Wikiposts

Interview Already...I am in shock

Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Jess2100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Already...I am in shock

Hello,

I have posted a few times here in the past. My husband and I filed for his adjustment of status this March 2004. We have been married for alittle over 2.5 yrs, but waited on filling due to me being in college and worried about the support form. He had his fingerprinting and work permit the first week in May 2004. Yesterday, a packet came from the INS. My husband opens it and see's a part of an application and thought they were returning it. He didn't read through anything and saw something about his medical and he told me he has to do it at the Los Angeles office. I thought that didn't seem right so I took the papers and was in shock I told him yes, it's his medical but not at the LA office, your INTERVIEW is at the LA office. Complete shock set it, we weren't expecting this until at least a year. His interview is set for 9/30/2004, only 6 months wait. I am worried we don't have enough documentation. We have photos (not a lot or I dont think so), joint bank account, and insurance. We are living with his family temp, so don't have a lease of any kind. We also don't have joint credit cards, since our credit isn't that great. Do I have enough? I was thinking of asking people to write letters stating our marriage is in good faith as well as bring in our old emails when we first meet thru our early dating years...I hope this is enough. Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:43 am
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice
Default Re: Interview Already...I am in shock

i think that sounds like enough info to me, but i'm sure other people have some more advice to give - i've not had my interview yet.

i think seeing as you've been together for so long and you have the joint accounts, etc, you'll be absolutely fine :) maybe just go over some bill, make sure they're in joint names, etc. gather photos and greetings cards - anything you can think of that will show them about your relationship.

congrats for getting the interview so quick! that's very good news :)