Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview all done and dusted

Wikiposts

Interview all done and dusted

Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all
Default Interview all done and dusted

Had a pleasant trip down to London. Stayed at the Millenium Hotel - very handy for the embassy! Went to the embassy at 8.30am and were out by 10.30. No problems!

So that's us got out visas!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:56 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview all done and dusted

Woo Hoo - Congrats
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:57 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one - see you soon in that case!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

congrats
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!! you're almost here!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

What questions do they ask? We're going on O visas (husband getting the important O-1, I'm the insignificant O-3).
I really have no idea what to expect and am as nervous as hell. Will they ask me anything or will my man be expected to speak for me?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

Well, we were absolutely sh**ing ourselves when we got to the Embassy. We stood in the queue and a nice lady asked to see our paperwork, in particular our interview letters and also receipts for payment (for all 6 of us - although onlt 4 of us were present - the other 2 being young kids). We then waited a while longer and went through security. We went inside and got our ticket number at the desk from the most miserable guy I have ever seen. We went upstairs and waited for around 10 minutes and were called to the first stage of paperwork checking. This was all checked over and we were sent to sit down again. We then waited around another hour or so and were called through for the 'interview'. This consisted of the very nice chap asking my husband how long he had worked for the company, what did the company do and why were the 2 older children's surnames different from the the younger 2. OH answered the first 2 and I answered the last one. He got OH to go and pay another $100-odd dollars for the 5 of us (not my husband) and that was it! 3 questions and a nice smile!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! I didn't get asked a thing. All I did was stand there like a spare part!