Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interesting question, would like opinions/facts

Wikiposts

Interesting question, would like opinions/facts

Old May 26th 2004, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting question, would like opinions/facts

Originally posted by Ranjini
Go to this link and and read the final paragraph of "If Marriage Occurs Outside the US"
Good luck,
Ranjini
Real good too, thanks Ranjini.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:27 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by HunterGreen
Real good too, thanks Ranjini.
Well?? Weren't you a little surprised by this paragraph:

"Sometimes, in order to avoid a lengthy separation, the spouses return to the U.S. after the marriage and proceed to file the necessary applications once they are both in the U.S. Usually, BCIS takes a dim view of this practice. It is not uncommon for the BCIS to stop the foreign-born spouse at the border and exclude him or her from the U.S. as an intending immigrant. However, if the foreign-born spouse is able to enter the U.S., BCIS will not deny his or her application for a green card solely because he or she entered the U.S. on a temporary visa when their real intent was to remain permanently in the U.S."

I know that I was. Never seen it so clearly down in black and white
Old May 26th 2004, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Heck yes I was surprised to read it there like that. Actually I'm in shock, lol. I do find the word 'solely' in there very interesting. This can be interpreted in a lot of different ways.

Originally posted by Ranjini
Well?? Weren't you a little surprised by this paragraph:

"Sometimes, in order to avoid a lengthy separation, the spouses return to the U.S. after the marriage and proceed to file the necessary applications once they are both in the U.S. Usually, BCIS takes a dim view of this practice. It is not uncommon for the BCIS to stop the foreign-born spouse at the border and exclude him or her from the U.S. as an intending immigrant. However, if the foreign-born spouse is able to enter the U.S., BCIS will not deny his or her application for a green card solely because he or she entered the U.S. on a temporary visa when their real intent was to remain permanently in the U.S."

I know that I was. Never seen it so clearly down in black and white
Old May 26th 2004, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Heck yes I was surprised to read it there like that. Actually I'm in shock, lol. I do find the word 'solely' in there very interesting. This can be interpreted in a lot of different ways.
I wonder how it would affect a naturalization petition.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:39 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

That's why your friends probably need someone like Carl Shusterman to take the guess work out of it
It's been a great discussion, Elaine. Shall look forward to hearing from you on the completion of your research.
Best regards,
Ranjini