Wikiposts

INS Restructuring

Old Apr 25th 2002, 11:10 am
Tim

Default INS Restructuring

Now that the restructuring of the INS seems imminent, has anybody thought about what
happens to those of us waiting on AOS or other applications? I heard the news today
and was a little scared that our pending AOS may get lost in the midst of the
shuffle. I have not seen much specifics regarding this restructuring, so if anybody
has more insight, please let me know.

Tim.

Old Apr 25th 2002, 1:10 pm
Andrew Defaria

Default Re: INS Restructuring

Tim wrote:

> Now that the restructuring of the INS seems imminent, has anybody thought about
    > what happens to those of us waiting on AOS or other applications?

You'll have to wait longer .

> I heard the news today and was a little scared that our pending AOS may get lost in
    > the midst of the shuffle.

I have little doubt that this restructing will cause all sorts of problems and
delays as the bugs are worked out. Then, eventually, it will get better. The real
scary part is that "real soon now" means months in INS terms. "Eventually" will
probably mean years!

> I have not seen much specifics regarding this restructuring, so if anybody has more
    > insight, please let me know.

The specifics are documented right on the front page of the INS web site
(www.ins.gov). Doesn't seem like you looked that hard!

Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:10 pm
Andrew Defaria

Tim wrote:

> Yeah, if you have time to read their 42-page document.

My theory is: You make the time if you truly have the interest.

> That's nothing compared to the actual bill going through the House.

Yes it just hits the highlights.

Old Apr 25th 2002, 4:10 pm
Dennis

"Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<0p%[email protected]>...
    > Now that the restructuring of the INS seems imminent, has anybody thought about
    > what happens to those of us waiting on AOS or other applications? I heard the news
    > today and was a little scared that our pending AOS may get lost in the midst of the
    > shuffle. I have not seen much specifics regarding this restructuring, so if anybody
    > has more insight, please let me know.
    >
    > Tim.

Now that they will take the law enforcement part out they can concentrate on the
applications. In the past everytime people would Whine about too many illegal aliens
they would take money from the office workers and put in more border patrols so now
that problem is solved. Dennis

Old Apr 26th 2002, 1:10 am
Andy Platt

Evenutally things might flow down to the people processing the petitions and
applications but right now the focus is on the very highest levels of the
organization. The same people will remain processing the applications in the same
manner with the same equipment for a long time to come.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Tim"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:0p%[email protected]...
    > what happens to those of us waiting on AOS or other applications? I heard the news
    > today and was a little scared that our pending AOS may get lost in the midst of the
    > shuffle. I have not seen much specifics regarding this restructuring, so if anybody
    >
    > Tim.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 12:40 pm
Terry Moore-Rea

The backlogs will grow - and two years from now when the restructering is mostly
complete they'll get reorganized again because of the growing backlog. "Tim"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:0p%[email protected]...
    >
    > Tim.
    >

Old May 4th 2002, 3:40 pm
Reggaeinky

"Restructure" - "reorganize" - seems something would first have to be structured
and organized before it could be REstructured and REorganized. Silly of me to think
that I guess.

We're still waiting on decision on husband's waiver, as he was deported for 5 years
for "overstaying visa"; waiting 3 years so far; August 2002 will be 5 years he was
deported. Paperwork has been lost by INS and consulate various times; they're all
incompetent imbeciles. I can't afford to go see him; haven't seen him since we were
married in Jan. 1999. (I'm sorry for repeating my story for those who've read
anything about it on here maybe months or years ago.) Lawyer drained us of $$,
charged us for one phone call lately where he asked me questions all about my job,
how did I get started in my home business, etc., said he has a friend interested in
that line of work - little did I know that call would cost us $126.00; charged 6
calls in duplicate.

Nobody cares about your case except your family/friends, sometimes not even
them. IMHO.

It's all a nightmare. Sometimes death looks like an option, a good one. Scary.