Wikiposts

INS appointment

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 8:44 am
Just Joined

ngore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default INS appointment

I lost my green card in France. I applied for the replacement card at the INS and I have already received the I-551 stamp in my passport few months back.

Now I have got another appointment letter from INS with the form I-90 i.e. the application for a replacement card. I think I filled this form in US counsulate in Paris.

Do I have to physically goto INS for canceling the appointment (that's what is told to me on phone by INS call center)?

Can't I return the application by post with the photocopies of I-551 and the receipt of $130, I paid to INS for processing the replacement card and cancel the appointment?.

Canceling the appointment by post will enable me to travel on a business trip outside US otherwise I will have to cancel my important meeting. Please advise.