Wikiposts

impossible?

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: impossible?

I was never asked for my medical records, I assume there would need to be something to trigger such a request.

Would not think the 15 year old fighting thingy would be much of an issue. Will need to be declared and you need to get the records.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

When you say you have a record for fighting, is it ABH or GBH or neither?
Old Jan 4th 2018, 11:36 am
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babysnake11
Am I right in thinking passing my medical is going to be near impossible?
Hi, and welcome! For what it's worth, I was also quite apprehensive when I had my US embassy medical examination because of some past mental health issues (several years in the past). I also had an issue with my police certificate which I discussed on the forums here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...record-902667/

At the medical, the doctor who examined me told me that he had many years of experience performing such medical exams for the US embassy, and that when it comes to making a determination of eligibility they care much more about who you are today than who you were (I'm paraphrasing, but his exact words were very close to that). This is purely anecdotal, of course, but it proved correct in my case. I was asked to provide the Knightsbridge Doctors with some additional notes from my GP about one particular query, but everything was then quickly approved without a fuss and no need for a follow-up appointment. I imagine that the amount of time in uninterrupted good health prior to the appointment will be a significant factor in any decision.

Wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by LandOfLincoln; Jan 4th 2018 at 11:37 am. Reason: Added a word for clarification.