Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Important questions regarding affidavit/ proof of support....

Wikiposts

Important questions regarding affidavit/ proof of support....

Old Jan 6th 2003, 9:48 pm
BOO123

Default Important questions regarding affidavit/ proof of support....

Hi, I have a question regarding affidavit of support. Me and my wife( She's a US citizen) have finished our INS interview. Since right now I'm out of job and only my wife is currently working, we can't meet the minimum requirement of salary, so we need her mom to proof that she can supprot for both of us. We are planning to us her house as part of the proof( it will cover the minimim by at least 5 times). Now, what do I need to send to the INS that the house belongs to my wife's mom( cause she got a mortgage on it).

1) Do we need to go to the appraisal to appraise the house or we just need to go to the bank that lend her the mortgage to show how much belongs to my wife's mum and hoe much is th e mortgage, and if so what's the required document that I should ask the bank?

2) Or should we need to appraise the house again to show how much it's worth, but I think it's gonna cost some money... we would like to avoid that if possible.....

3) Can we copy the yearly tax document on the house and send it to the INS to prove how much is thew house is worth?

4) One last question, is my interview considered done already and I already passed the interview( It was only about 45 minutes or even less and can be considered pretty smooth for the most part except the affidavit of support) or do I have to wait for the INS to receive my proof of supprot before they can conside my case.

5) The officer in charge of my case told us we will receive a letter from the INS and ask us tosend back our proof of support back to the Immigration. However, she was pretty vague about it, so do Iwait for this supposedly letter before I send my proof of support, and to whom should I send it to? Do I send it to the officer in charge of my case or who else?

Thank you for anwering and helping us. Thanks.