Wikiposts

Important Question

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

CrazyNate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Important Question

My lover is from Pakistan and has been living in the United States for 4 years now, his visa is almost up and he may not be able to pay for the new semester of his schooling.He has a student visa. He did not apply for political asylum within the first year and I was told that It didn't matter it only has to be within a year if you are coming as a refugee I wanted to make sure that was true. The reason he did not apply for the political asylum was because he thought he would be able to find an employer to hire him after school but things have changed since 9/11 and that is not a possibility for him. He would like to apply for political asylum for his fear of persecution of his homosexuality. I was wondering if his entry would be accepted and what the process would be in doing so.

Please reply,
Nate
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Important Question

Tell him not to waste his time. 90% of asylum seekers are rejected and deported. Especially obviously bogus ones like him who are merely (as you just admitted) looking for a gc alternative.

-= nav =-