Impatiently waiting

Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Sin715 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Impatiently waiting

Hi everybody,

We sent back my husband's DS-230 & DS-2001 on September the 10th and he had his medical on September 14th. We are now waiting for his letter for his interview date and it is driving me crazy! I know that no two cases are the same but looking on here I see that people have sent back their documents and had their medical after us and they already have their interview date.

I have read repeatedly that you shouldn't phone the embassy but I am starting to get impatient. Our post is also delivered in a common area between 4 flats and this too makes me a bit uneasy.

Any words of wisdom so that I can remain calm? I have visions of getting the letter the day before the interview and having to spend a small fortune to get him down there as he will be traveling from Glasgow.

Sorry to vent I am just finding this part of the process really frustrating!
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impatiently waiting

Originally Posted by Sin715
Our post is also delivered in a common area between 4 flats and this too makes me a bit uneasy.
Have you had serious issues with the post being redirected to the other flats?

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2012, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Hi sin.my husband had his medical on the 3rd of sept. We received his interview date about two Weeks ago and his interview is this wed. I imagine you will receive the date this well, but if not it may be worth ringing the 0900 number to get code to e mail the embassy

Last edited by MrsWaring; Oct 15th 2012 at 5:10 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 15th 2012, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Ian,
The postman basically just puts all of the post for the four flats together and you have to rifle through it all to get your mail. Some new tenants have recently moved in to two of the flats and every two days or so all of the junk mail "disappears" I have put up notes for people to leave all mail that doesn't belong to them untouched and that seems to have worked for the past week or so.

I just wish this process was a bit more transparent and not a guessing game!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Okay so my impatience got the best of me and I broke down and phoned the very expensive 0904 number this morning.

The gentleman was very helpful and I thought he would just give me the code to send an email but no, he actually told us that my husband's appt is booked for Nov 15th at 10:00 a.m.!! He also told me that the letter was posted a week ago so it looks like my fears on my post were true.

He also said that it wouldn't matter if we didn't have the letter on the day that my husband's name will be on the consular officers clipboard at the entrance. So very excited that this next stage of the process is happening!