Reload this Page >

Immunization Records From Surgery For K1 Interview

Immunization Records From Surgery For K1 Interview

Old May 29th 2002, 9:30 am
abi
Forum Regular

abi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immunization Records From Surgery For K1 Interview

Hi all. I understand that I need my immunization records for myself and my K2 child for the interview at the London Embassy...for my fiance visa medical. I am confused as to whether they need a signed by doctor print out of all vaccinations had in the last ten years or if they send me a form to take to my doctor to get filled out. My surgery informed me that for a signed print out it would cost me £9 each...so thats £18!! I dont wanna do this and pay that if it turns out that I have to give them a form to fill in and sign. Has anyone else had this? Can anyone advise me please?
Old May 29th 2002, 5:20 pm

Default Re: Immunization Records From Surgery For K1 Interview

"abi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all. I understand that I need my immunization records for myself and my K2 child
    > for the interview at the London Embassy...for my fiance visa medical. I am confused
    > as to whether they need a signed by doctor print out of all vaccinations had in the
    > last ten years or if they send me a form to take to my doctor to get filled out. My
    > surgery informed me that for a signed print out it would cost me £9 each...so thats
    > £18!! I dont wanna do this and pay that if it turns out that I have to give them a
    > form to fill in and sign. Has anyone else had this? Can anyone advise me please?

I went to my doctor's surgery and asked the receptionists. At first they told me they
couldn't give me anything but I persisted (explained reason). In the end the
receptionists went into a huddle, and one of them photocopied onto one page all 3 (me
plus 2 K2) sets of vaccinations records from our records. It was a single scrappy
photocopy, showing names/vaccinations/dates. It was not signed by a doctor or a nurse
or anyone else. It was fine at the K1 medical. Either try talking to them again, or
pay the 18 (which sounds reasonable to me - doctors are allowed to charge for
providing this type of thing), or get the vaccinations redone as advised at the
medical (will probably cost you more).

There is no form until you get to do your AOS in the US and then you will need an
I-693S Vaccination Supplement, take any records you have at that time to the
INS-approved doctor who does that I-693S for you.