Reload this Page >

Immigration with a child

Immigration with a child

Old Jan 10th 2021, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

HalenaBoyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration with a child

Originally Posted by lansbury
Find a local lawyer on the Reunite International list https://www.reunite.org/lawyers-listings. Tell them you need to get permission to remove a child from the jurisdiction of the UK courts to live in the US. They can tell you what is involved and the cost. All the lawyers on their list know the requirements of the Child Abduction Act.
Thank you so much!
Old Jan 10th 2021, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
I t would usually be the first thing to do, write to him at his last known address.
Yes I would have thought they would and his mother will still be there no doubt, she'll open his mail too.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 7:19 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really sure you need a court order as much as permission. A document between the two of you that says you are allowed to emigrate, signed and witnessed may be sufficient. This may save you considerable legal fees, though a formal court order may be more helpful down the road.

But I second the suggestion to contact legal advice (perhaps Reunite.org) for clarification. Not really sure on what is needed in the UK.

(FYI in some cases we've heard of people who were unable to even board the plane without some sort of permission letter or a court order).
Old Jan 12th 2021, 7:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I'm not really sure you need a court order as much as permission. A document between the two of you that says you are allowed to emigrate, signed and witnessed may be sufficient. This may save you considerable legal fees, though a formal court order may be more helpful down the road.

But I second the suggestion to contact legal advice (perhaps Reunite.org) for clarification. Not really sure on what is needed in the UK.

(FYI in some cases we've heard of people who were unable to even board the plane without some sort of permission letter or a court order).
We are saying she needs a court order if the father will not give his permission and from what she has posted...he will not.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by penguinsix

Hi yes unfortunately he would not give permission if I located him. He's not the obliging type. But thank you for your suggestion all the same.