etape pour vous maintenant? Faut prendre son mal en patience. Si il a decrocher
un boulot d enfer a NY, il aura peut etre les moeyns de venir de voir en week
end prolonger plus souvent.
Emails, phone, web cam devrait t aider a patienter, comme nous tous ici ont du
le faire un jour.

Ciao,

Patrick ( France now Chicago)

Hi everyone,

I have to say today I do feel a bit better, and because of you all, thank you for your support. This chat room show that a lot of people are not selfcentered (not sure if that mean something ) or selfish.

For the french thing I swear we did not say anything bad just got some nice words from nice people.

I was wondering about something did some of you ever meet after they get to the US, because I think people like most of you on the chat who help others with no bad thinking, will be good friends to me or others. And I think that most foreigners when they arrive beside their spouse's friends do not have a lot of friends??? Who think it is a good idea to meet ? I mean we do have a lot in commun (not sure for the writting)!!!!

Thank you again

Marie
Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

spouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm sooooooooo sad

Hi... I just found out (last week) that they had approved my I-601 - and we had waited over three years (although 1 year of that cannot be blamed on BCIS/USCIS). It was a truly horrid process, but it is over now and my husband will be coming home soon.

So, hang in there, be patient and I am sure that your processing will go much faster than ours!!!!

As for meeting people... it is interesting, there are several people that I have been in contact with for years, including one guy who filed at the same consulate... but we have never really talked about getting together... and only recently did we decide to exchange photos.

Sometimes I really wonder, but then again sometimes I think that maybe all we have in common is the horrible process.... who knows!!! But the internet is an amazing tool, and I don't think I ever would have made it without the support of everyone that I have found on line.

www.immigrate2us.net

Last edited by spouse; Feb 18th 2004 at 3:39 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Liene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm sooooooooo sad

Hi Marie,
Gosh, i know exactly how you feel. Just like you, I am away from my husband for a half year now. Those were the happiest 2 month that he visited me here in my country and the saddest moments when I had to let him go back to US.
We are now sceduled for an appointment in Poland at the end of March. Seems like we are going to have no problem with documents, but what worries me so bad is the fact that when I visited US, I overstayed my visa for 2 years. We are both going for an interview, should we now expect that the visa will be definately denied and that we will have to apply for the waiver just like you did. And did they tell you how long is it going to be untill they give the answer. Should we maybe already prepare this I-601 form in case we do get denied. Would that fasten the process and is there a fee for it?
I know it's my fault that I did not extend the visa, partly it was the poor knowladge of immigration staff, partly fear that I will be sent away, but I have never broken the law while I was there and all i want is to finally start our family for real.It is so undiscribable in words how hurtful and unfair this is, and I am thankful for this message board that gives real stories and real advice.
Good luck Marie and don't loose faith...
Liene