Wikiposts

I'm sooooooooo sad

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:22 am
Just Joined

essantale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm sooooooooo sad

Hi

We still did not file the waiver I-601 (for an overstay over a year) we waiting on our lawyer (yes we finally decided to go for it).

But I just came back from the airport, my hubby (USC) just took off from Paris to New York and I'm feeling so badddd. How all of you manage to be far from each other? If this is not hardship so what is it???????? How INS can do that to us, are they heart blooded or something? I do not understand ok I overstay but my police and FBI clearances came back blank, never kill someone or did drug...

I know they did not denied my waiver yet but I'm very worried. My hubby is starting a new job on march 1st (so no vacation to come visit me for a long time).

I'm sorry if I made some of you sad but I needed to share my feelings tonight, I feel like crying for days.

See ya

Marie

Last edited by essantale; Feb 17th 2004 at 6:27 am.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:39 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I'm sooooooooo sad

Marie,

Tiens bon, c'est pas si mal que ça. Le temps passe vite, mais sur le coup, les départs sont toujours difficiles.

Plusieurs d'entre nous ont eu a attendre plusieurs mois, même des années pour pouvoir être ensembles.

Ceci dit - votre cas semble plutôt simple, et votre machin-601 devrait être approuvé sans trop de problèmes. Et dis-toi que, au pire, vous pouvez probablement vous établir en France...

Allez- courage,

Marie-Helene (a.k.a. Elly, Québécoise de coeur, Franco-Ontarienne de naissance...)
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Elenfair
Marie,

Tiens bon, c'est pas si mal que ça. Le temps passe vite, mais sur le coup, les départs sont toujours difficiles.

Plusieurs d'entre nous ont eu a attendre plusieurs mois, même des années pour pouvoir être ensembles.

Ceci dit - votre cas semble plutôt simple, et votre machin-601 devrait être approuvé sans trop de problèmes. Et dis-toi que, au pire, vous pouvez probablement vous établir en France...

Allez- courage,

Marie-Helene (a.k.a. Elly, Québécoise de coeur, Franco-Ontarienne de naissance...)

Merci beaucoup,

Pour tes petits mots de reconfort, ca me va droit au coeur. I know the crying will go away. But I am so worried.

En France les canadiens ont la reputation d'etre des gens tres sympa, tu viens de confirme les ont-dits.

merci encore

Marie
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:55 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

No problem, Marie...

I know how it feels to be sad! I remember it SO well. We went through Nebraska, and it was awfully long and painful...

Écoute, je vais t'envoyer un petit mot par courriel - fais-moi signe quand tu as le coeur gros... je suis passée par le même chemin, je peux au moins t'offrir une oreille sympatique...

Allez hop - tente de te détendre un peux! Pour ma part, j'ai relu toute ma collection de Spirou (et de Lagaffe!) pour me changer les idées lors de l'attente...

MH.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:35 am
Bobthebuilder

essantale wrote:

> Hi
    >
    > We still did not file the waiver I-601 (for an overstay over a year)
    > we waiting on our lawyer (yes we finally decided to go for it).
    >
    > But I
    > just came back from the airport, my hubby (USC) just took off from Paris
    > to New York and I'm feeling so badddd. How all of you manage to be far
    > from each other? If this is not hardship so what is it???????? How INS
    > can do that to us, are they heart blooded or something?

You broke the law. Should they just ignore it? The I-601 will probaly be
approved, but why do you think they should forget it ever happened? If
separation from someone was an USCIS recognized hardship, then there
would never be a denial.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:19 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

erm.......
why did this guy fly back to USA? He can move to France though right? That way you guys can be together.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by manc1976
erm.......
why did this guy fly back to USA? He can move to France though right? That way you guys can be together.
k

Thank you all for your replies

Yes I did something bad stay longer than it was allowed, but like I said I did not kill anyone and bar me for 10 years it is like putting someone in prison for a very bad felony. And I did not try to hide anything at the embassy I gave myself up and said the true only.

Anyway i do think that if the bar was not in the law, America will have less illegals immigrants who stay illegaly because they are afraid to not be able to come back.
And something that make no sense for me it is if I had stayed illegaly they will have simply adjusted my statut, after my marriage.

My husband is going back to US because we have been in France for almost 2 years now, he did not have a job here. France is one of the highest unemployment rate in Europe, there is a very big opportunity in NY for him so yes it went back.
And I have been traveling around the world and living in differents countries since I'm a baby it is less difficult for me to move somewhere else.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Polaris_x
If he went to France, where would he buy his Freedom Fries though?

P.S. Go Avs!
LOL

Actually He did miss NYC pizzas.

Do you guys really call them freedom fries now??????? I'm very curious about that!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:54 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by essantale
Do you guys really call them freedom fries now??????? I'm very curious about that!
They do in my new area. They don't serve Grey Goose either, though I thought that was a Canadian vodka not French?

No mention of giving the Statue of Liberty back though.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:54 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

never heard that.. very funny

go Leafs!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:00 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by essantale
Hi

We still did not file the waiver I-601 (for an overstay over a year) we waiting on our lawyer (yes we finally decided to go for it).

But I just came back from the airport, my hubby (USC) just took off from Paris to New York and I'm feeling so badddd. How all of you manage to be far from each other? If this is not hardship so what is it???????? How INS can do that to us, are they heart blooded or something? I do not understand ok I overstay but my police and FBI clearances came back blank, never kill someone or did drug...

I know they did not denied my waiver yet but I'm very worried. My hubby is starting a new job on march 1st (so no vacation to come visit me for a long time).

I'm sorry if I made some of you sad but I needed to share my feelings tonight, I feel like crying for days.

See ya

Marie
Hi Marie

I know is very hard to be apart from the one you love, I have been there before..
Try to focus on positive thoughts.. Like what you'll do when you finally are together.. and all that, write him emails,Buy a webcam so you can see him, call him, there is a lot of things you could do to somehow feel closer to him
Remember that a bumpy road leads to the stars!!
Cheer up!! Everything is gonna be alright!
If you ever need to vent..this is the right place:
((((MARIE)))))
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hi Marie

I know is very hard to be apart from the one you love, I have been there before..
Try to focus on positive thoughts.. Like what you'll do when you finally are together.. and all that, write him emails,Buy a webcam so you can see him, call him, there is a lot of things you could do to somehow feel closer to him
((((MARIE)))))
Did you manage to get a EAD at JFK on your flight over Hyper??

Just curious to know tho I am flying to Boston and I doubt they issue EAD's.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hi Marie

((((MARIE)))))

Thank you very much for your nice words, you cheered me up.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:05 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Did you manage to get a EAD at JFK on your flight over Hyper??

Just curious to know tho I am flying to Boston and I doubt they issue EAD's.
Hey!!

No I did not get an EAD stamp because I am a K3, but if you want to get one, You will have to go thru JFK
I am gonna pick up my DH from work, BRB!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:27 am
Bobthebuilder

Polaris_x wrote:

> Originally posted by Bobthebuilder
    >
    >>You broke the law.
    >
    > Should they just ignore it? The I-601 will probaly be approved, but why
    > do you think they should forget it ever happened? If separation from
    > someone was an USCIS recognized hardship, then there
    >
    >>would never be a
    >
    > denial.
    >
    > True, she broke the law. But, the fact that they're
    > trying to do everything legally now should count for something. Sarah
    > and I made it a point to do everything legally, but there are
    > circumstances that may arise where things could go bad.
    >
    > I wouldn't cast
    > judgement on these people, because we don't know the reason for the
    > overstay.

I wasn't casting judgment on her except to indicate it was NOT the fault
of USCIS that she needed a 601. Maybe she isn't at fault, but certainly
you can't blame the USCIS for needing an I-601.

> It's silly that the BCIS/INS, or
    > whatever they're calling themselves today, would go hard on someone
    > that's trying to do it right, while at the same time allowing illegals
    > to flood in here from Mexico. It's a double standard, if you ask me.
    >

Do you think she will in the same situation as they are when her I-601
is approved????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.