Wikiposts

I'm an optimist but...

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default I'm an optimist but...

What are the chances of a person's I129f NOT getting approval?

I am the UKC and my fiance is the USC...we have completed the I129f info and are about to send it off...I can handle the waiting, I just am wondering what realistic hope I have of being able to actually applying for the K1 visa? I am a good citizen, well educated (ie could contribute to American society well!), have a fair amount in saving, have NO criminal record, etc.

BTW I find this forum brilliant, I have learnt A LOT! And I haven't read much or in fact anything about anyone's I129f notgetting approval, I was just wondering...

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm an optimist but...

Hi!

You're in a similar situation to myself. Good Luck!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
In my opinion, pretty low!

I am the UKC and my fiance is the USC...we have completed the I129f info and are about to send it off...I can handle the waiting, I just am wondering what realistic hope I have of being able to actually applying for the K1 visa? I am a good citizen, well educated (ie could contribute to American society well!), have a fair amount in saving, have NO criminal record, etc.
Now you're talking about something else, though. Your first question was what are the chances of a USC's I-129F petition getting denied. This question now deals with what are the chances of the UKC's K-1 application getting denied. They are two different things. In general, I haven't really seen either one get denied in the 5 years I've been on this forum.

The things to watch out for on both sides are, criminal history, drug use history, medical history, arrests, previous visa issues, that sort of thing. If you have a very straightforward case with none of the above involved, there wouldn't be any reason for a denial.

Rene
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
Extremely low, if they qualify before filing.

The petition establishes:
-The US citizen's citizenship
-That they have a relationship with a foreign person of the opposite gender
-That both of those people are free to marry on the date filed
-That the people have met in person at least once within the past two years

Everything there? Check!

BTW I find this forum brilliant, I have learnt A LOT! And I haven't read much or in fact anything about anyone's I129f notgetting approval, I was just wondering..
About the visa application, when getting started, most people (self included) think it's going to be more like you describe.. that your personality is somehow evaluated and we've got 'prime candidates' in one line and riff raff in the other. Personality is of course too subjective and so the laws are written with quantifiable measurements. If you don't fall under one of the defined categories of inadmissibilities, and you follow the instructions, you get the visa.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

ellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really nice

thank you for asking this....i just started my K1 paperwork tonight and my FH and I were sitting in the tub and I started panicking that somehow we would be judged as unfit or something and be denied or we would get a really nasty officer who would just deny us for no good reason. i managed to work myself into a state but i was (and now confirmed) that this is something that runs through many peoples heads.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The I-129F is a simple form to "pass". All that is required is correct completion of the document, sufficient evidence of your relationship and having met in person in the last two years and you are approved to continue on to the K-1 portion.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

ellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really niceellabee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
The I-129F is a simple form to "pass". All that is required is correct completion of the document, sufficient evidence of your relationship and having met in person in the last two years and you are approved to continue on to the K-1 portion.
loads of pictures of us (with dates and locations), some of him and my family, his itinerary, boarding passes, our letters, my divorce papers from my previous marriage, my birth certificate, the Department of State photos, and the application filled, refilled and filled again to *hopefully* perfection check. sound like im good to go?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellabee
loads of pictures of us (with dates and locations), some of him and my family, his itinerary, boarding passes, our letters, my divorce papers from my previous marriage, my birth certificate, the Department of State photos, and the application filled, refilled and filled again to *hopefully* perfection check. sound like im good to go?
Photocopies of stamped passport pages are really good, too.

Also don't forget the original signed statement of intent from each of you (is that what you meant by "our letters"?).

Are the Dept of State photos the passport-style photos?

Don't forget the G-325A's, one from each of you.

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2008, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Photocopies of stamped passport pages are really good, too.

Also don't forget the original signed statement of intent from each of you (is that what you meant by "our letters"?).

Are the Dept of State photos the passport-style photos?

Don't forget the G-325A's, one from each of you.

Rene
His stamped passport correct, so that it shows that he was here and was in compliance with the I-194 in his passport?

and yes the statement letters are our letters

and yup DOS pictures are the passport style ones

and FH is doing his G-325A today. Mine are compeleted!
Old Dec 6th 2008, 2:41 am

His stamped passport correct, so that it shows that he was here and was in compliance with the I-194 in his passport?
At this point, just to show he was here so you could meet in person.

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
At this point, just to show he was here so you could meet in person.

Rene

ok cool. will get that as well. should we also add in his iteneraries or is that just redundant? maybe just his return itenerary? i cant wait until this part is over
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:56 am

ok cool. will get that as well. should we also add in his iteneraries or is that just redundant? maybe just his return itenerary? i cant wait until this part is over
In our I-129F package, I included the flight itinerary, the boarding passes, and the passport stamps. Might have been overkill...lol....but that's what we did.