Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Im going to cry! Change of Status, USCIS

Wikiposts

Im going to cry! Change of Status, USCIS

Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im going to cry! Change of Status, USCIS

Originally Posted by mrgavmc
Awesome!

whats these 1099's all about? do I need to include that?
Where did you get the 1099 idea? 1099s are like W-2s, but for self-employed peeps. If your wife is not self-employed, she won't have any 1099s.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

R,

1099s are used to report many kinds of income. Banks, for example, use 1099 to report interest earned on accounts.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Where did you get the 1099 idea? 1099s are like W-2s, but for self-employed peeps. If your wife is not self-employed, she won't have any 1099s.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
R,

1099s are used to report many kinds of income. Banks, for example, use 1099 to report interest earned on accounts.

Regards, JEff
Thanks.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:41 am
Account Closed

forts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Personally, I think it is better to find out what the question is before overwhelming someone with a lot of detail.

Also to pay attention to the entry details; because Gav entered with a K-1 he does NOT need to re-take the medical. He had his full medical exam overseas before immigrating with his visa.
It is specifically NOT required for K visa entrants to re-take the medical.
Yeah, I just rushed to say something because he was freaking out. I shouldn't have spoken on points I wasn't positive of. I also need to speak more clearly on what I meant exactly. Sorries.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
They are listed in the USCIS Docs together as "Supporting Documents".
"(W-2s, 1099s, etc.)"

1099s are self-employed income statements that don't have tax withholdings at all AFAIK (i.e. if you worked as an independent contractor.)
Old Jan 24th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

mrgavmc is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome you guys are great!

Yes she does know more than me on the tax returns, I just wanted to check we dont do 1099's as she isnt self employed.

Im going to start a new thread on a new topic I have!

This is great, all my problems sorted.

Gav
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

It's very easy for her to get her tax transcripts from the IRS in a matter of days. The link has been provided in the past and can be searched on this forum. They provide the transcripts free by the way.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AlanR
It's very easy for her to get her tax transcripts from the IRS in a matter of days. The link has been provided in the past and can be searched on this forum. They provide the transcripts free by the way.
Does anyone have this link?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:38 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Gav, please get familiar with searching; you are going to need it in the future.

Let me Google that for you

Last edited by meauxna; Jan 25th 2009 at 4:45 am.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Gav, please get fammiliar with searching; you are going to need it in the future.

Let me Google that for you
Why? When you did it! Cheers.

Gav
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Form 4506-T. You can request up to 4 years on the one form, for the current and last 3 years only (after 3 years if an audit or other legal action hasn't been triggered the returns become archived and are no longer actionable.) It is quoted at 10 business days. It is also free. 1040s (if requested) do not include W-2s and 1099s, they require quite a bit more work, but they are not required.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

You can type it in but it won't save like USCIS forms.

Last edited by forts; Jan 24th 2009 at 10:15 am. Reason: clarification
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Gav
Because that will be the last time I'll do it for you. There's nothing that annoys members here more than 'spoon feeding' (look it up).

You're going to be involved with US immigration for a long time. You have the opportunity here to learn what you will need to keep you going & legal for the next oh, 10 years. It would seem to me to be in your best interests to know how to manage your own case, or, get work authorized so you can afford a professional to do it for you (still a bad idea imo).
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Because it's not our job to do your research for you!

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Because that will be the last time I'll do it for you. There's nothing that annoys members here more than 'spoon feeding' (look it up).

You're going to be involved with US immigration for a long time. You have the opportunity here to learn what you will need to keep you going & legal for the next oh, 10 years. It would seem to me to be in your best interests to know how to manage your own case, or, get work authorized so you can afford a professional to do it for you (still a bad idea imo).

Can I talk to the other moderator please, she's much more pleasent.
I thought this was the idea of the forum? Or is it selective to people that already know it all. In the meantime I hope to be rich and afford people to do it for me.
Its questions I dont know! On the form should it be her Maiden surname or my surname? even though her socail security and work would still show her maiden surname?

Seriously sorry, I do appreciate any help offered, I am unaware of U.S tax system, my wife doesnt have answers to all the questions and I accept Im an Idiot.

Gav.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:05 am

Its questions I dont know! On the form should it be her Maiden surname or my surname? even though her socail security and work would still show her maiden surname?
She can use whichever name she prefers, as she will have proof of her name change in the form of the marriage certificate (in case they ask).

Seriously sorry, I do appreciate any help offered, I am unaware of U.S tax system, my wife doesnt have answers to all the questions and I accept Im an Idiot.
We do help, all of us here. Part of our job is also to help guide you towards ways to find the information for yourself as well. It's a learning tool.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.