Wikiposts

im a dumbass

Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im a dumbass

Originally Posted by Elvira
He does seem a bit scatterbrained - never even thanked Rene for tracking down a civil surgeon for him (unless maybe by PM?) ... Maybe his wife's pregnancy hormones filtered through to him by some strange process of osmosis?
Nope, no PM.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Mr.F.

I'm confused about this statement. He needed the immunizations, but it was his wife who was pregnant. Surely his wife being pregnant would not affect his vaccinations?

Thanks!
Rene
Hmm -- I read it the other way. On re-read, it ain't too clear. I don't know who is correct.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:42 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Well dont I feel like an ass, sorry.. but quite honestly, I never saw Noorah's post until after I had already posted (clicked reply to ian-mstm's post), or I would have said thank you (manners cost nothing ya know). When I did see it, I had to get offline, but figured I'd be back online again later so I'd reply to the post then..

So, thank you Noorah, though the thanks seems a little hollow after people pointed out I never already thanked you, but thank you anyway. I will be giving them a call tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Send in a letter TODAY begging forgiveness and noting that you were unable to comply because immunizations were contraindicated due to the pregnancy and that they will be forthcoming.

Push comes to shove, the denial of the adjustment for failure to respond to an RFE is what us lawyer-types call "without prejudice" to simply filing a new application. I know its a pain in the ass. Although the problem is one of your own creation, it IS one that can be "fixed."

Bottom line -- not the end of the world.
Thanks for that, I'll get a mail in the post first thing in the morning, has taken a little bit of stress off me

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't mean to sound insensitive and I understand that it is possible for a woman to not know she is pregnant, but your timeline is still a bit odd
Yep it is a bit odd, like I said in my original post, life got in the way, then the wife got pregnant. By life getting in the way, I meant other personal matters, not the missus being pregnant. Though being scatterbrained and not worrying about it straight away certainly didn't help matters

And to make matters a bit clearer.. I dont need any immunisations.. I had all my jabs before I even went for my appointment at the american embassy, and the doctor there cleared me to come. The fact that they're asking for the information AGAIN just seems like bureaucracy go mad, but thats the USCIS in a nutshell (fingerprints at the embassy, fingerprints in omaha for aos, fingerprints in omaha for work permit - biographic information to 4 different departments etc)

And thank you all for your congratulations on the addition to the family.. now if only he'd go to sleep!

*phew* right.. that was one hell of a long post for me. think im gonna go to bed

g'night
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
Well dont I feel like an ass, sorry.. but quite honestly, I never saw Noorah's post until after I had already posted (clicked reply to ian-mstm's post), or I would have said thank you (manners cost nothing ya know). When I did see it, I had to get offline, but figured I'd be back online again later so I'd reply to the post then..

So, thank you Noorah, though the thanks seems a little hollow after people pointed out I never already thanked you, but thank you anyway. I will be giving them a call tomorrow morning.
You're welcome, and congratulations from me on your new arrival, as well.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
And to make matters a bit clearer.. I dont need any immunisations.. I had all my jabs before I even went for my appointment at the american embassy, and the doctor there cleared me to come. The fact that they're asking for the information AGAIN just seems like bureaucracy go mad, but thats the USCIS in a nutshell (fingerprints at the embassy, fingerprints in omaha for aos, fingerprints in omaha for work permit - biographic information to 4 different departments etc)
Hi:

Since you were cleared to come into the US from London and you are filing for AOS -- I presume you were admitted on a "K" visa.

A few things to note. London is in the United Kingdom, not the United States. The doc in London is an EMBASSY approved doc, not a USCIS approved doc.

The rules for ALL adjustments is to have certifcation from USCIS approved doc that you have had your immunizations as needed. So, if you have the London records, you simply have to have an approved USCIS doc sign off on them.

BTW, certification of medical issues is a two edged sword so to speak. The health grounds of inadmissability is delegated to the approved physicians and DHS can't exclude independent of their determinations.

Under an older version Immigration & Nationality Act, there was a ground of exclusion for "sexual deviation or psychopathic personality" which for years was interpreted as including homosexuality. In the late 70's the medical profession removed homosexuality from the panaolpy of "deviations" and of mental illness. The old INS could no longer get "Class A" certifications from the USPHS. The INS made some efforts to exclude without the Medical Class A certificate and when litigated would lose. Once the purported medical basis was gone, the law was effectively changed. Today's version of 212(a)(1) reflects this BTW. POINT -- it ain't burearacy run amok, they just need the "expert" certification.