Wikiposts

im a dumbass

Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:33 am
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all
Default im a dumbass

Hi,

Well the topic pretty much says it.. I received a request for additional evidence (I-485) asking for documentation of immunization.

Then life got in the way, my wife became pregnant and I forgot all about it, we had a new baby a couple of weeks ago, and as you can imagine we've been pretty hectic.

I found the letter today and went white.. at the top of the letter it says I have to return it within 87 days or it will be denied. And the 87 days were up 4-5 days ago. Is there any way I can still submit it without the denial (and subsequent refiling) or will I need to refile the paperwork? Should I phone someone and try to explain why I forgot?

Also, this leads to my next question. The USCIS phone number is listing doctors in my area, but the phone number are wrong.

Dr Douglas W Martin at Riverside Occupational Medicine's number now belongs to "the festy's"

I got the number for a couple of other doctors, and with one I was given a new number to call when I called them, when I got through to them she didn't have a clue what I was on about and offered to find me the number for a doctor who can deal with 'one time only patients' - I explained that it has to be a specific doctor and she said 'ohhh i dont know then'

The next number, the phone number is 'no longer in use or has been disconnected'

If anyone has the (correct) number for a doctor in Sioux City, IA or South Sioux City, NE that can fill in the paperwork, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im a dumbass

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
Also, this leads to my next question. The USCIS phone number is listing doctors in my area, but the phone number are wrong.

Dr Douglas W Martin at Riverside Occupational Medicine's number now belongs to "the festy's"

I got the number for a couple of other doctors, and with one I was given a new number to call when I called them, when I got through to them she didn't have a clue what I was on about and offered to find me the number for a doctor who can deal with 'one time only patients' - I explained that it has to be a specific doctor and she said 'ohhh i dont know then'

The next number, the phone number is 'no longer in use or has been disconnected'

If anyone has the (correct) number for a doctor in Sioux City, IA or South Sioux City, NE that can fill in the paperwork, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again
Hi,

I'm not sure if you've missed the window for returning the RFE, but here is a way to find a civil surgeon in your area:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:42 am
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

I'm not sure if you've missed the window for returning the RFE, but here is a way to find a civil surgeon in your area:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks for your quick reply, but the numbers listed there are the same ones that the USCIS phone number is giving out. Apparently South Sioux City has changed the 3 first 3 digit's of their phone numbers (not the area code, the next 3) least thats what im assuming since the message i got from the 2nd place I called says
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your quick reply, but the numbers listed there are the same ones that the USCIS phone number is giving out. Apparently South Sioux City has changed the 3 first 3 digit's of their phone numbers (not the area code, the next 3) least thats what im assuming since the message i got from the 2nd place I called says
I didn't do any double-checking, but here's his number from google:

Dr. Douglas W. Martin
Riverside Occupational Medicine
4230 War Eagle Drive
Sioux City, IA 51109
Tel: (712)258-6898

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:52 am
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I didn't do any double-checking, but here's his number from google:

Dr. Douglas W. Martin
Riverside Occupational Medicine
4230 War Eagle Drive
Sioux City, IA 51109
Tel: (712)258-6898

Rene
I tried calling that, its a residential number belonging to 'the festys' now

I feel like USCIS is conspiring against me today. Though, I'm more annoyed with myself to be honest. I'd lose my head if it wasn't stuck on I think. Just hope my application doesn't get denied because I forgot. Though them having all the wrong numbers surely should give me an arguing point for not getting it on time? (we'll just not mention that I forgot)
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:01 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Just hope my application doesn't get denied because I forgot. Though them having all the wrong numbers surely should give me an arguing point for not getting it on time?
I'm not sure arguing with USCIS has ever got anyone anywhere...

Time for an Infopass appointment perhaps?

Congrats on the new baby, BTW!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:08 am
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm not sure arguing with USCIS has ever got anyone anywhere...

Time for an Infopass appointment perhaps?

Congrats on the new baby, BTW!
infopass appointment?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:10 am

infopass appointment?
Go to www.uscis.gov and read about how to make an Infopass appointment to visit your local office.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Then life got in the way, my wife became pregnant and I forgot all about it, we had a new baby a couple of weeks ago, and as you can imagine we've been pretty hectic.
This doesn't quite add up since it usually takes about 7-8 months from the time you learn your pregnant until delivery, but the RFE is only just 3 months old. Curious!

I found the letter today and went white.. at the top of the letter it says I have to return it within 87 days or it will be denied.
I say send in the evidence requested and hope for the best. Don't forget to get a photocopy of the evidence just in case you need it again!

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:19 am

Try this for Dr. Doug Martin *near* Sioux City:

Martin Doug Md
224 N Derby Ln
No Sioux City SD
(605) 232-8782

I just called, and he is a designated civil surgeon. The receptionist said N.Sioux City, ND is nearby Sioux City, IA.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:58 am
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This doesn't quite add up since it usually takes about 7-8 months from the time you learn your pregnant until delivery, but the RFE is only just 3 months old. Curious!
Yep.. was a bit unexpected to be honest.. a bit more time might have been nice so we could have gotten the spare bedroom done.. only found out 1 month before she was due
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Well the topic pretty much says it.. I received a request for additional evidence (I-485) asking for documentation of immunization.

I found the letter today and went white.. at the top of the letter it says I have to return it within 87 days or it will be denied. And the 87 days were up 4-5 days ago. Is there any way I can still submit it without the denial (and subsequent refiling) or will I need to refile the paperwork? Should I phone someone and try to explain why I forgot?

Thanks again
Hi:

Send in a letter TODAY begging forgiveness and noting that you were unable to comply because immunizations were contraindicated due to the pregnancy and that they will be forthcoming.

Push comes to shove, the denial of the adjustment for failure to respond to an RFE is what us lawyer-types call "without prejudice" to simply filing a new application. I know its a pain in the ass. Although the problem is one of your own creation, it IS one that can be "fixed."

There have been times I've had clients come in with denied adjustments and I usually just have them start over. In my September 30, 2005 "Bona" decision from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, this was an important fact in the case as per the last footnote in order to get around another decision regarding an application under the 1992 "CSPA" legislation [not to be confused with the 2002 "CSPA" legislation of the same acronym]. The CSPA applications had a filing date deadline in 1994. So after the 1997 denial, there was no way to file a "new" adjustment. In contrast, Mrs. Bona has been married to Chief Bona at all times and she was able to file a 'new' AOS and did not need to "renew" the previously denied AOS.

Bottom line -- not the end of the world.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.. was a bit unexpected to be honest.. a bit more time might have been nice so we could have gotten the spare bedroom done.. only found out 1 month before she was due
I don't mean to sound insensitive and I understand that it is possible for a woman to not know she is pregnant, but your timeline is still a bit odd. If she only found out 6 weeks ago (one month before she was due and you indicated she gave birth 2 weeks ago), then you had the RFE for a full 6 weeks before you knew anything at all about a baby. This seems like a long time to just sit on your hands while your immigration status is at stake! Anyway, it's curious... but congratulations on the new family addition!

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:30 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't mean to sound insensitive and I understand that it is possible for a woman to not know she is pregnant, but your timeline is still a bit odd. If she only found out 6 weeks ago (one month before she was due and you indicated she gave birth 2 weeks ago), then you had the RFE for a full 6 weeks before you knew anything at all about a baby. This seems like a long time to just sit on your hands while your immigration status is at stake! Anyway, it's curious... but congratulations on the new family addition!

Ian
He does seem a bit scatterbrained - never even thanked Rene for tracking down a civil surgeon for him (unless maybe by PM?) ... Maybe his wife's pregnancy hormones filtered through to him by some strange process of osmosis?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Send in a letter TODAY begging forgiveness and noting that you were unable to comply because immunizations were contraindicated due to the pregnancy and that they will be forthcoming.
Hi Mr.F.

I'm confused about this statement. He needed the immunizations, but it was his wife who was pregnant. Surely his wife being pregnant would not affect his vaccinations?

Thanks!
Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.