Wikiposts

I'm approved but denied please help

Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Ribane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm approved but denied please help

i am undergoing adjustment of status and the works,

I applied in november after getting married,

however 90days went by so i went to the local detroit office and got employment authorisation that day. it is valid from feb 14 2003 to feb 13th 2004

I just got a letter saying this:

Dear Mr Marshall

Reference is made to the application for employment authorisation, form I-765 which you filed on november 13th 2002. In order to be granted employment authorisation, you must established eligibility under title eight, code of federal regulations, section 274(a)(12)(A) or (C), (question 16 on form I-765). To determine eligibility you must submit the required information and documentation, listed in the application for employment authorisation, for the category you are applying under. On the application for employment authorisation, form I-765, you indicate that you are filing under category (c)(9), whih denotes an applicant with a pending application for adjustment of status.

However, even though this may be the case, Service records indicate that on feb 14th 2003, you were issued an employment authorisation card with a validity date of feb 13, 2004. Therefore approval of the instant form I-765 is prohibited. Consequently your application for employment authorization has been denied. There is no appeal on this decision.

that is the letter. I am terrified , does this mean i can no longer work. or does it mean since i am already authorized the first form is declined but i am atill allowed to work?.

much appreciated

Ribane
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 6:05 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I'm approved but denied please help

Originally posted by Ribane
i am undergoing adjustment of status and the works,

I applied in november after getting married,

however 90days went by so i went to the local detroit office and got employment authorisation that day. it is valid from feb 14 2003 to feb 13th 2004

I just got a letter saying this:

Dear Mr Marshall

Reference is made to the application for employment authorisation, form I-765 which you filed on november 13th 2002. In order to be granted employment authorisation, you must established eligibility under title eight, code of federal regulations, section 274(a)(12)(A) or (C), (question 16 on form I-765). To determine eligibility you must submit the required information and documentation, listed in the application for employment authorisation, for the category you are applying under. On the application for employment authorisation, form I-765, you indicate that you are filing under category (c)(9), whih denotes an applicant with a pending application for adjustment of status.

However, even though this may be the case, Service records indicate that on feb 14th 2003, you were issued an employment authorisation card with a validity date of feb 13, 2004. Therefore approval of the instant form I-765 is prohibited. Consequently your application for employment authorization has been denied. There is no appeal on this decision.

that is the letter. I am terrified , does this mean i can no longer work. or does it mean since i am already authorized the first form is declined but i am atill allowed to work?.

much appreciated

Ribane
I may be wrong but to me it looks as if they are saying that they cannot issue you ANOTHER EAD as you already have one from the local officeand the two would have overlapping validity.

Thus the one you have is valid.