Wikiposts

Identification number?

Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:40 am
Just Joined

sheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nice
Default Identification number?

Hi all, Jay downloaded the forms today and is filling out my information. It is asking for an 'identification number' I assume this is like your guys social security number? Although here in England we don't have that?

Any idea's what he needs to put there (if anything)

Also, anyone have any useful websites which EXPLAINS what each part means? Sorry if its been asked before

Yours Faithfully, a worried Sheralynne
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:45 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identification number?

Originally Posted by sheralynneandjay
Hi all, Jay downloaded the forms today and is filling out my information. It is asking for an 'identification number' I assume this is like your guys social security number? Although here in England we don't have that?

Also, anyone have any useful websites which EXPLAINS what each part means? Sorry if its been asked before

Have you tried www.visajourney.com there is alot of info on there also that might help!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:50 am
Just Joined

sheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nice

Thank you poppy girl, explained a lot
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:59 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you poppy girl, explained a lot
Well if you can't find the answers on there after a bit of digging then you won't find it anywhere lol good luck

Did I detect some sarcasm in your reply!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Hell no! Jason is talking to me on MSN so I needed a QUICK reply and you helped a lot. No sarcasm intended if it came across that way!!!!

Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:02 am

Hell no! Jason is talking to me on MSN so I needed a QUICK reply and you helped a lot. No sarcasm intended if it came across that way!!!!

lol it was because I saw the tongue its all good.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

What form are you talking about?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

The I-129F form

Poppy, the is just me being goofy
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:26 am
Account Closed

The I-129F form

Poppy, the is just me being goofy
Hi:

Neither the I-129F nor the concomitant G-325A ask for an "identification number." At a later point in the process you will have to fill out a DS-156 which asks for "national identification number (if applicable)". BTW, the US "social security number" is NOT a "national identification number" although it is the practical equivalent. The countries that have it, the people know exactly what it is.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Neither the I-129F nor the concomitant G-325A ask for an "identification number." At a later point in the process you will have to fill out a DS-156 which asks for "national identification number (if applicable)". BTW, the US "social security number" is NOT a "national identification number" although it is the practical equivalent. The countries that have it, the people know exactly what it is.
So does that mean something along the lines of National Insurance Number?
In England that is a number to do with the National Health Insurance and tax office.

Sorry, you will be getting a lot of questions asked if I don't know what they mean as the whole process has started.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:11 am
Account Closed

In England that is a number to do with the National Health Insurance and tax office.

Sorry, you will be getting a lot of questions asked if I don't know what they mean as the whole process has started.
Hi:

<sigh>

The very fact that you have to ask is the answer.

When I was in a suite of a Korean-American firm, the Korean clients would have a "KID" or Korean Identification Number. That was the number placed on the DS-156 [then called OF-156] for national identification number.

Many Latin American countries have a national identification card called a "cedula" -- a form of National Identification.

A national insurance number is not a "national identification number." However, as I pointed out, although the US does not have a national identification number, the Social Security Number has taken on the appearance of such a number. [BTW, my social security card was issued in 1965 and has an endorsement on the back that it is NOT an identification number and is to be used only for social security purposes. It is also a plain piece of white cardboard with the legend of the SSA printed on it in blue and the number in red -- and my name is TYPED on it with a manual typewriter with the first "t" in "Stuart" elevated because the typist didn't wait for the platen to come down after typing the capital "S." I'm actually surprised that it is still accepted the few times I've had to produce it.]

BTW, an interesting link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ication_number

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Dec 14th 2007 at 10:17 am.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The USA doesn't have a National Insurance Number or a National Identification Number. All we have is a Social Security Number, and the form will ask for this specifically by name.

Can you tell us what specific Form and Question Number?

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The USA doesn't have a National Insurance Number or a National Identification Number. All we have is a Social Security Number, and the form will ask for this specifically by name.

Can you tell us what specific Form and Question Number?

Rene
I looked at our I-129F form. There isn't any "identification number" that I can see.

It asks for both the petitioner's and the alien fiance's US social security number, and for "A# (if any)".

Fiance's US social security number would be "none", and A# would be n/a.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Fiance's US social security number would be "none", and A# would be n/a.
Hmm... responding "n/a" to a request for an A# would be incorrect. The question *is* applicable. The correct response would be "none".

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Hmm... responding "n/a" to a request for an A# would be incorrect. The question *is* applicable. The correct response would be "none".

Ian
Well a lawyer did it - and it worked.

edit: I dunno...I am getting the impression that London isn't terribly picky.

another edit: I must be too tired, of course it isn't London. Sorry....

They didn't seem to upset at none or n/a or even stuff left blank. I was surprised actually.

Last edited by Tracym; Dec 14th 2007 at 11:08 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.