Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Iam approved for k1 visa , but ............

Wikiposts

Iam approved for k1 visa , but ............

Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iam approved for k1 visa , but ............

Hi

After 21 weeks on admin processing , some guy from mumbai embassy called at my faincee's house to talk to her parents and asked them, if they know about our relationship . When the embassy got the asnwer in affirmative , the embassy said, they dont see any reason why i shouldnt get the visa, so when my fiancee's parents asked him when i would be able to collect it, they were told, as soon as they contact me. After some days when my fiancee inquired they said they sent a letter to me on 28th nov asking me to come for final processing!!!
The letter is suppose to take 5 days minimum and 8 days maximum to reach my city but its been 15 days now and still no letter. We tried to contact them through all means but no reply.

So the querry is , what do i do now ? plz
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:47 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam approved for k1 visa , but ............

Originally posted by makkabokka
Hi

After 21 weeks on admin processing , some guy from mumbai embassy called at my faincee's house to talk to her parents and asked them, if they know about our relationship . When the embassy got the asnwer in affirmative , the embassy said, they dont see any reason why i shouldnt get the visa, so when my fiancee's parents asked him when i would be able to collect it, they were told, as soon as they contact me. After some days when my fiancee inquired they said they sent a letter to me on 28th nov asking me to come for final processing!!!
The letter is suppose to take 5 days minimum and 8 days maximum to reach my city but its been 15 days now and still no letter. We tried to contact them through all means but no reply.

So the querry is , what do i do now ? plz
Aww I am sorry you guys are going thru all this hassle. It has been Thanksgiving since they sent it, so that might be the reason of the delay. Why dont you allow 3-4 more days, If you dont get it.. I would call the embassy and ask them when I am supposed to show up!!!
Keep us updated!!