Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I90 - Status Terminated

I90 - Status Terminated

Old May 14th 2015, 8:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I90 - Status Terminated

So when you filed the I-90, did you include a fee?

Rene
Old May 14th 2015, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you wait to file the I-90 until more than 30 days from the date USCIS mailed the GC?

Look at Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card | USCIS to make sure you met all the criteria.

Rene
Old May 14th 2015, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

leadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to all

I did not pay the fee because I included an affidavit asking for fee abatement due to the fact that I changed my address online prior to approval and card production, I never received the card and that the postal police inbestigated the fact that something went amiss with the USPS processes and/or potential mail theft.

Any which way you look at it, I have done my level best to prove that I did not ever recieve that card and the rules appear to state that a card will be replaced free of charge in the circumstances that the card was never received.

Maybe I am wrong on this but that was my interpretation of the rules and therefore I didn't include a fee
Old May 14th 2015, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

leadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to all

The card was "received" on DEcember 13th and my I90 application was "accepted" on Jan 19th so I am assuming that qualifies for the 30 day rule?
Old May 26th 2015, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

briannguyen is an unknown quantity at this point

LeadingLight, any update on your case? My case is just like yours (10 years GC not received, filed I90, Status Terminated when checking case status). I haven't received the notice yet.

Yeah, that "status terminated" freaked me out
Old May 27th 2015, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

So I got a letter today and it basically said:

"We are terminating the status of this application because if we approve it, you would have a duplicate benefit as the card we have sent to you has not been returned to us" (very paraphrased)

"You are welcome to submit a new application for a lost card, paying the appropriate fees"
Old May 27th 2015, 2:57 am
Just Joined

So they ask you to file another I90 and pay for it???? which doesn't make any sense to me. Did they make error that sent GC to your old address? The USCIS officer told me that I didn't have to pay anything for my I90 because they screwed up.

Last edited by briannguyen; May 27th 2015 at 3:02 am.
Old May 27th 2015, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

They made no response to the fact that I changed my address through the proper channels in advance of card production or that I had the postal police investigate the issues with USPS. It was a flat out rejection with leave to appeal within 30 days. Which I am currently considering. The very least I think they should do, is just send me a "notice of action" for the cost of the card and allow me to keep my place in line instead of doing the whole 5-6 months again.
Old May 27th 2015, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks for prompt reply. It really sounds like they just want you to pay!! Still can't reason why filing another I-90 will not "duplicate benefit as the card we have sent to you has not been returned to us"
Hope that I'll get similar notice. "terminated" is terrifying