Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I864 using income from UK employment that will continue from the same source

I864 using income from UK employment that will continue from the same source

Old Nov 12th 2019, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Blanca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I864 using income from UK employment that will continue from the same source

Does anyone know whether if you transfer from your UK company to subsidiary in the USA then will this meet this requirement of I864: 'proof that the intending immmigrant's current employment will continue from the same source if his or her income is being used'. My current employer has a subsidiary in the US. I work for the LTD the subsidiary is INC. IF we would like to use my UK income... We are thinking about this option for our I864 in case my self employed husband would not be able to meet the federal poverty guidelines and we wish to not use a joint sponsor. The company I work for here in the UK has got a subsidiary in New York. I don't know whether it would be possible anyway to start working for the subsidiary but just asking this question here so I can eliminate this possibility if it's not possible. Don't want to ask my boss unnecessary question if we cannot use it for our I864 anyway. Please advise.

Last edited by Blanca; Nov 12th 2019 at 1:17 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 2:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 using income from UK employment that will continue from the same source

Yes, if the income will be from the same source (same parent company), it can be used. You will need a letter from the employer stating that you'll be transferred and what your US salary will be.

Rene