Reload this Page >

I864 joint sponsor question?

I864 joint sponsor question?

Old Aug 17th 2014, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

davejenk477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I864 joint sponsor question?

Hi,

I am waiting on a date for my spousal visa interview at the embassy in London, and just had a question about the I864 form.

We have an I864 form from my wife's dad as a joint sponsor and copies of his tax return forms, do we need any more information as prof of his income? Such as W2, or pension info?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17th 2014, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 joint sponsor question?

Originally Posted by davejenk477
We have an I864 form from my wife's dad as a joint sponsor and copies of his tax return forms, do we need any more information as prof of his income? Such as W2, or pension info?
If you have transcripts of his tax returns, you don't need anything else. If, however, you have copies of his tax returns, you must also have his W2's and any schedules he filed as part of those returns. You must have his complete tax returns - everything that he submitted to the IRS... not just the 1040's.

In either case, no pension info is needed. You will, though, need proof of his status as a US citizen or Permanent Resident.

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2014, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks. His SSN is listed on the form is this enough? Or is a scan of his passport needed?
Old Aug 17th 2014, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

His SSN is listed on the form is this enough?
No. A SSN is not proof of status.

Or is a scan of his passport needed?
A copy of the photo ID page of his passport would do, or a copy of his US birth certificate. Either will suffice for the I-864.

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, is there anything else we need from him aside from:

3 years tax returns, W2 forms etc
Copy of his birth certificate
Completed I864 form
Old Aug 17th 2014, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Thanks, is there anything else we need from him aside from:
The only other thing that pops to mind, is 3-4 months' worth of current pay stubs (or printouts if online) if available.

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2014, 9:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

or pension info?
Might be helpful to bring in proof of his most recent pension payments, yes...if that's what he's using to qualify financially.

Rene