Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I751Timeline/N400 Application

I751Timeline/N400 Application

Old Jul 14th 2019, 7:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751Timeline/N400 Application

They will not adjudicate the N400 until the I751 has been completed. You won't get a decision at your citizenship interview, and they won't be adjudicated together. This is a recent process change.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:10 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
They will not adjudicate the N400 until the I751 has been completed. You won't get a decision at your citizenship interview, and they won't be adjudicated together. This is a recent process change.
Huh. Ok. Why do you think my I751 was sent to Lee's Summit then? They don't process I751s...

Probably a stupid question, USCIS can do whatever the heck they want
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, but this has been the process for at least 6 months now. I have seen it reported many times on both here and visajourney in 2019, as have others (Noorah has a friend it happened too)

YMMV of course, but I doubt it.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:24 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, but this has been the process for at least 6 months now. I have seen it reported many times on both here and visajourney in 2019, as have others (Noorah has a friend it happened too)

YMMV of course, but I doubt it.
I did a search on here before I posted and could only find you warning about this

Ah well, was excited this was the end of the journey. If it means waiting a few more months then... <shrug>
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:29 pm
Often not so civil...

My N-400 Progress

Direct experience from a recent I751/N400 applicant.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:40 pm
Hoppity hop...

My N-400 Progress

Direct experience from a recent I751/N400 applicant.
Thanks CS. My I751 has been pending for 23 months now (August '17 filer). The USCIS officer who arranged my infopass appointment (I551 stamp) told me that the applications had been lumped together, but I know by now to take anything they say with a huge side order of skepticism... Guess we'll find out next month! Will update y'all
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:40 pm
Often not so civil...

Please do!
Old Jul 15th 2019, 1:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Huh. Ok. Why do you think my I751 was sent to Lee's Summit then? They don't process I751s...

Probably a stupid question, USCIS can do whatever the heck they want
Lee's Summit is also the salt mines where the USCIS has their storage unit where your records are kept. When you are going through a process, the records are called up for review so that the application you file can be adjudicated.

It formally was that the I-751 was 'rushed' to adjudication once your N-400 was received, i.e. husband's was adjudicated 2 weeks prior to his N-400 interview years ago. Now it appears that this practice has gone the way of the dinosaur. If the I-751 is not adjudicated prior to the N-400 interview you will not receive an answer that same day as the interview. If the I-751 has been approved, you should get approval and may received your oath date while you are there. Then again, you might not.

Yes, the USCIS can do what it wants. It has always been that way.

Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:50 pm
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Lee's Summit. I'll go chase it down for you
Old Jul 15th 2019, 6:49 pm
Hoppity hop...

Originally Posted by michaelr711
I live in Lee's Summit. I'll go chase it down for you
My hero
Old Aug 14th 2019, 8:37 pm
Hoppity hop...

Updating to say - I WAS APPROVED!

It was a joint I751/N400 interview (Dallas Field Office), so very glad I took my husband along. Very nice USCIS officer, was more of a chat than an interview. She said we had the 'gold standard' of evidence - our son's birth certificate

My case got updated as we left the building to say that my oath ceremony has been scheduled, but that document isn't showing on my login yet.

Very nice to have this all done now though. 5 years ago today I had my K1 interview in London, so it's kinda cool that my citizenship interview was on the same date
Old Aug 14th 2019, 10:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Bunny.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 3:42 am
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a joint I751/N400 interview (Dallas Field Office), so very glad I took my husband along. Very nice USCIS officer, was more of a chat than an interview. She said we had the 'gold standard' of evidence - our son's birth certificate

My case got updated as we left the building to say that my oath ceremony has been scheduled, but that document isn't showing on my login yet.

Very nice to have this all done now though. 5 years ago today I had my K1 interview in London, so it's kinda cool that my citizenship interview was on the same date
You're welcome - my chasing obviously must've helped

On a serious note though, congrats - very happy for you!!
Old Aug 15th 2019, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Aug 16th 2019, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

dava22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
Yes very similar to my experience a few weeks ago, i had my I751 interview and Naturalization at the same time, yes you have to have the adjudication before your naturalization, I took my wife along for the I751 interview and was told everything was fine, the official then told my wife to wait outside whilst I had the N400 interview with her and that went fine as well.
I have been waiting about 18 months for the I751 and got my new green card today, which I will keep for a few weeks until my oath ceremony.
Think this is going to happen a lot now regarding the I751-N400, having them both together, this is for the Phoenix area at least.
A point to note, I applied for the N400 last August so not too bad.