Wikiposts

I751 in VSC

Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Proudimmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I751 in VSC

Yes, they're holding my lifeline. I got a degree here, was offered a job here and established a career here, then I got married here and also established a life here, so yes they're holding my lifeline. I'm not not sleeping at night over it like the other and you are thinking. I'm just following up with what they're doing because it is a non merciful, do as pleased agency. I referred to special registration that fortunately you weren't present to witness or are a citizen you didn't have to go through it, but I went through it when I was a student, and see how they treated arabs or muslims in general like animals, people who held high positions and are law abiding citizens who never broke any laws and were only following USCIS request to come to register like if the people they're looking for are stupid enough to come to register. I'd like to drop this subject and continue to discuss any case updates with members who are in the process of removing conditions.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:13 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Proudimmigrant
Yes, they're holding my lifeline. I got a degree here, was offered a job here and established a career here, then I got married here and also established a life here, so yes they're holding my lifeline. I'm not not sleeping at night over it like the other and you are thinking. I'm just following up with what they're doing because it is a non merciful, do as pleased agency. I referred to special registration that fortunately you weren't present to witness or are a citizen you didn't have to go through it, but I went through it when I was a student, and see how they treated arabs or muslims in general like animals, people who held high positions and are law abiding citizens who never broke any laws and were only following USCIS request to come to register like if the people they're looking for are stupid enough to come to register. I'd like to drop this subject and continue to discuss any case updates with members who are in the process of removing conditions.
I know several people who had to go through the Special Registration process, and I know how unfair and tough it was.

However, please take note of what people here have been trying to tell you: your status is not in danger. You are STILL a permanent resident. This is not affected by the process of removing conditions.

If you are still married and living with your wife, removal of conditions is a formality. In the meantime you continue to have all the benefits of a PR, and you will be able to naturalize 3 years after the original condition permanent residency status was granted (assuming you meet the physical presence requirement).

Please try to relax.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:16 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
If you are still married and living with your wife, removal of conditions is a formality. In the meantime you continue to have all the benefits of a PR, and you will be able to naturalize 3 years after the original condition permanent residency status was granted (assuming you meet the physical presence requirement).

Please try to relax.
I think many people enter the world of immigration bracing for the absolute worst, so they keep themselves in a state of panic and misery until everything is over. They don't know how to relax when it comes to immigration, because they have this feeling like USCIS is out to get them, they assume USCIS will mess something up, and no matter how long the process actually takes, it will always take longer than the applicant thinks it should. Because they've held a negative, impatient attitude at every other previous stage of the immigration process, by the time they reach the I-751 stage they don't know how to just wait it out and let the application take its course. Instead they just continue old habits of obsessing over processing times, commiserating with others about how much they hate USCIS, getting all worked up, losing sleep and all of that kind of stuff. They will continue this attitude and behavior until they are sworn in as citizens.

That's my theory, anyway.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:25 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

<<<sigh>>> I'm sure you're right, Jenney
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Holding your lifeline? Oh please. Like others have said, you waiting for the approval of your I-751 isn't keeping you from doing anything you could do before you applied. You're still a permanent resident. You only applied four months ago, and I dont think Removal of Conditions is exactly a high priority application considering, again, YOU ARE STILL IN STATUS. If you're losing sleep about this, you seriously need to re-evaluate things. You're not even outside of the processing times posted on the USCIS site (whether they are correct or not is another issue - my point is you are stressing before you have any inkling of a reason to do so). Your best bet is to chill out, forget about immigration for a little while, and just live your life. They'll get to your application eventually, and if they take another 6 months, so what? Its no skin off your back, you can still work, travel, and enjoy all the other things you could have while your 2year card was still valid.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just following up with what they're doing because it is a non merciful, do as pleased agency.
Please... never forget that the whole purpose of USCIS is to keep non-USCs *out* of the US. So, if their methods seem harsh, it's because they are obligated to scrutinize every applicant. If you don't like being scrutinized... then that's your problem, not theirs... and certainly not ours!

I referred to special registration ... but I went through it when I was a student...
It seems as though you're already biased against USCIS and everything they do. If something doesn't happen fast enough for you, you're convinced it's because of religion or race or country of origin. That's not only sad, it's a horrible way to live your life. Oh... wait, I forgot... you're not living your life are you? Your life is on hold!

Ian
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:19 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Please... never forget that the whole purpose of USCIS is to keep non-USCs *out* of the US. So, if their methods seem harsh, it's because they are obligated to scrutinize every applicant. If you don't like being scrutinized... then that's your problem, not theirs... and certainly not ours!

It seems as though you're already biased against USCIS and everything they do. If something doesn't happen fast enough for you, you're convinced it's because of religion or race or country of origin. That's not only sad, it's a horrible way to live your life. Oh... wait, I forgot... you're not living your life are you? Your life is on hold!

Ian
Ian - could you just once, instead of making glib, sanctimonious statements, TRY to put yourself in the shoes of the person you are replying to?

This guy had to go through the Special Registration process. Can you even begin to imagine what this must have been like?

Stuart Folinsky once posted a link to a website which listed experiences of SR as reported by immigration lawyers. Very graphic and very disturbing.

I don't have time to find it now, but I'm sure you can find it if you can be bothered. It might prove an eye-opener and go a long way towards explaining why the OP feels the way he does.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
You don't know that your petition is in the January pile. Why do you think that they scooped your husband's petition out of the pile on someone's desk or the holding tank and rearranged it to a later spot in the pile?
Rete -

I guess I just wonder where they pulled that date out of (actually I probably know where they pulled it...) and why we would be given that later date when we had originally filed in November. Now that you say it like that it probably wasn't scooped up and rearranged but it just seems ridiculous to have completely changed the date of receipt when resending the NOA - you would have thought they'd just reprint the original NOA!

Allison
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are over doing the Special Registration process.

People have had bad experiances with USCIS in all areas. Sheer numbers means that you could pull up examples for all aspects.

Anyway this has been done to death.