I751 Status at Local office

Wikiposts

I751 Status at Local office

Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

KrisKumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I751 Status at Local office

Hi,
I have applied for 751 at NSC in April06 and in the current situation I am unable to access my mail as my wife lives there (stbx), is there a way I can schedule an appointment (Infopass) at the local office and they can give me an update on the case.Its just frustating.

Thank you
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 Status at Local office

Originally Posted by KrisKumar
Hi,
I have applied for 751 at NSC in April06 and in the current situation I am unable to access my mail as my wife lives there (stbx), is there a way I can schedule an appointment (Infopass) at the local office and they can give me an update on the case.Its just frustating.

Thank you
Well, even if they could give you an upate on your case, you would still have mail going to the address you used on the I-751....your NOA extension letter, your biometrics appointment, and the new green card. Are you separated from your wife and you don't trust her to give you your mail? Have you put in a change of address with USCIS?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Well, even if they could give you an upate on your case, you would still have mail going to the address you used on the I-751....your NOA extension letter, your biometrics appointment, and the new green card. Are you separated from your wife and you don't trust her to give you your mail? Have you put in a change of address with USCIS?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi,

Yes i am seprated and in the process of finding a new place so did not put in the AR 11 yet, I also do not have high hopes on AR11, not sureif it is really acted on based on some posts in this forum.

So do you think an Infopass would at least let me know the status?

Thanks,
Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I also do not have high hopes on AR11, not sureif it is really acted on based on some posts in this forum.
Just to clarify, you have a legal obligation to file the AR-11 within 10 days of you moving. It doesn't matter that the AR-11 might not update your mailing address with the various offices... you *must* file the AR-11.

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yes i am seprated and in the process of finding a new place so did not put in the AR 11 yet, I also do not have high hopes on AR11, not sureif it is really acted on based on some posts in this forum.

So do you think an Infopass would at least let me know the status?

Thanks,
You are correct. The AR-11 does not actually change your address with USCIS for your mail. But you are legally obligated to file the AR-11 within 10 days of moving. In order to change your mailing address, you have to write to the service center and call the 800 number.

Infopass might let you know the status...but it doesn't really matter, unless you are planning to travel abroad and have not yet received the extension letter. Your status as a PR does not change during the processing time of the I-751, and you can still apply for citizenship when eligible.

The only way to know if an Infopass will tell you the status, is to make the appointment, go in, and find out. And please let us know, too.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:17 am
DallasCPL

We have not tried this, but why you dont you call the 1800 number and
find out your status. I think they will atleast let you know if you
need to make an infopass appointment if they cant give out the details
over the phone.
KrisKumar wrote:
    > > Well, even if they could give you an upate on your case, you would
    > > still have mail going to the address you used on the I-751....your NOA
    > > extension letter, your biometrics appointment, and the new green card.
    > > Are you separated from your wife and you don't trust her to give you
    > > your mail? Have you put in a change of address with USCIS?
    > >
    > > Best Wishes,
    > > Rene
    > Hi,
    > Yes i am seprated and in the process of finding a new place so did not
    > put in the AR 11 yet, I also do not have high hopes on AR11, not sureif
    > it is really acted on based on some posts in this forum.
    > So do you think an Infopass would at least let me know the status?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you

Please consult an attorney. Since you and your wife as separated the I-751 may no longer be valid and you will have to wait for the divorce to be final and then file again for a waiver to remove conditions. An immigration attorney will tell you what needs to be done.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Please consult an attorney. Since you and your wife as separated the I-751 may no longer be valid and you will have to wait for the divorce to be final and then file again for a waiver to remove conditions. An immigration attorney will tell you what needs to be done.
I am talking to an attorney next week, and will keep you guys posted, can anyone give me the 1800 number.

Thanks!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:42 am

I am talking to an attorney next week, and will keep you guys posted, can anyone give me the 1800 number.

Thanks!
It's listed on www.uscis.gov.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sam36 is an unknown quantity at this point

USCIS # 1-800-375-5283 . my application I-751 in NSC same month April, still get nothing from them, called 1-800 number befor 3 days they said nothing show up on the computer she cheaked for me and said the dicusion didnt made yet, yes they will cheak ur application if you call and update you with ur case.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam36
USCIS # 1-800-375-5283 . my application I-751 in NSC same month April, still get nothing from them, called 1-800 number befor 3 days they said nothing show up on the computer she cheaked for me and said the dicusion didnt made yet, yes they will cheak ur application if you call and update you with ur case.
Hi,
I am all set to send the AR 11, and have a couple of questions here,

1) Can I also send in the change of address to the service center and call the 800 number and EXPECT FURTHER NOTICES to my new address or will it be lost.

2) Can I give my address as a PO Box (Since I keep moving a lot based on my nature of the job)

I have an appointment with the attorney later part of the week. Will post back here.

Thanks a lot
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:40 am

1) Can I also send in the change of address to the service center and call the 800 number and EXPECT FURTHER NOTICES to my new address or will it be lost.
Yes, in fact you SHOULD notify the service center and call the 800 number, but I would not expect further notice from them verifying your new address. Call the 800 number again in about a month and double check they have your correct address.

2) Can I give my address as a PO Box (Since I keep moving a lot based on my nature of the job)
To my knowledge, yes, it's OK to use a PO Box.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 8th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, in fact you SHOULD notify the service center and call the 800 number, but I would not expect further notice from them verifying your new address. Call the 800 number again in about a month and double check they have your correct address.

To my knowledge, yes, it's OK to use a PO Box.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thank you all so much, have no idea how it might be with out this forum.

Will changing from a own home to PO Box delay the 751 process or give a reason for interview ?

Also apart from me sending in the change of address (AR 11,NSC, Localoffice and call 800) , I was searching a lot in these forums , do I need to send a sponsor change of address too?

Thanks again
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:36 am
DallasCPL

WE moved before submitting our I-751 and after I got my greencard. We
sent the AR11 and also filled out the Sponsor change of address.

For the sponsor change of address for my wife we got a Notice of
action acknowledging the change from TSC. But for me(for the AR11) I
didnt get any acknowledgement but from the posts I think thats normal.
Just saved the postal receipts as a proof just in case I need it later
on.

KrisKumar wrote:
    > > Yes, in fact you SHOULD notify the service center and call the 800
    > > number, but I would not expect further notice from them verifying your
    > > new address. Call the 800 number again in about a month and double
    > > check they have your correct address.
    > >
    > >
    > > To my knowledge, yes, it's OK to use a PO Box.
    > >
    > > Best Wishes,
    > > Rene
    > Thank you all so much, have no idea how it might be with out this forum.
    > Will changing from a own home to PO Box delay the 751 process or give a
    > reason for interview ?
    > Also apart from me sending in the change of address (AR 11,NSC,
    > Localoffice and call 800) , I was searching a lot in these forums , do
    > I need to send a sponsor change of address too?
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:33 pm

Thank you all so much, have no idea how it might be with out this forum.

Will changing from a own home to PO Box delay the 751 process or give a reason for interview ?
Changing your address won't slow the I-751 process, if you use your new address when you submit the I-751. If you have already submitted the I-751 with your old address, then you may have a problem getting the change of address to go through at USCIS. Make sure someone at your old address can get your mail and let you know, in case USCIS sends something still to the old address.

The change of address probably isn't cause for an interview, but the separation from you wife could be!

Also apart from me sending in the change of address (AR 11,NSC, Localoffice and call 800) , I was searching a lot in these forums , do I need to send a sponsor change of address too?
The I-865 is only used if the sponsor changes his/her address.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.