British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I751 sent - how long for any indication of receipt/processing? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i751-sent-how-long-any-indication-receipt-processing-912988/)

ScottUK1990 May 20th 2018 4:41 pm

I751 sent - how long for any indication of receipt/processing?

Hi all,

Sent off my i751 removal of conditions packet on April 30th.

Wondering how how long it takes (in people’s recent experience) for either the receipt to arrive or the money to be taken from my account?

Getting concerned as the money still hasn't been taken from my account (Navy Federal Credit Union). St Albans Vermont service center received the application on May 2nd - sent recorded delivery and signature verification (USCIS 75 Lower Welden). I know the receipt takes a while to arrive, but in my past immigration 'stuff' they've taken the money pretty quickly. Anyone else been waiting a while - 2 weeks + (almost 3 weeks now)?

cheers,

Scott

S Folinsky May 20th 2018 5:11 pm

Re: I751 sent - how long for any indication of receipt/processing?

I know that on immigration attorney chat rooms and groups, there have been numerous notations of slowdowns. In other words, asking the same question!

scottyvisa May 21st 2018 8:29 am

My package arrived 30th Jan, money was taken on Feb 7th, and I received my extension letter on Feb 15th.

ScottUK1990 Jun 7th 2018 4:53 pm

Finally received the receipt and the money was taken. Haven't heard anything else form them yet, but glad that I can now renew my driving license before it expires!

scottyvisa Jun 8th 2018 2:23 am

Glad to hear it! I've hit the four month mark, it's annoying only being able to extend licence for a year.

ScottUK1990 Jun 8th 2018 10:44 am

Should be able to get the extension stamp in your passport to extend status if GC doesn’t arrive in the year. That’s what i though anyway?

scottyvisa Jun 9th 2018 2:31 am

Originally Posted by ScottUK1990 (Post 12512642)
Should be able to get the extension stamp in your passport to extend status if GC doesn’t arrive in the year. That’s what i though anyway?

Yes you can. Also I plan on filling for Naturalization in January, regardless of whether conditions have been removed.

jtlc2345 Jun 17th 2018 12:19 pm

Just received my I797 receipt - noticed it is valid for 18 months, not 12 - more recognition the processing times are lengthening.

Jonathan