Wikiposts

I751 problems

Old Oct 10th 2006, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

gcarnachan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I751 problems

Hi there my conditional green card expires at the end of the month and my lawyer filed the I751 on the 8th of august, over 2 months ago.I havnet received any reciept from the USCIS and im starting to get real worried, i have a great job which i have been working at for the past 2 years and im afraid that ill be sacked or get into trouble for something which is out of my hands.Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 problems

Originally Posted by gcarnachan
Hi there my conditional green card expires at the end of the month and my lawyer filed the I751 on the 8th of august, over 2 months ago.I havnet received any reciept from the USCIS and im starting to get real worried, i have a great job which i have been working at for the past 2 years and im afraid that ill be sacked or get into trouble for something which is out of my hands.Does anyone have any suggestions?
It can take a while to receive any notice from USCIS. Your status does not expire, just your GC, so you shouldn't have any problem remaining employed.

Rene
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It can take a while to receive any notice from USCIS. Your status does not expire, just your GC, so you shouldn't have any problem remaining employed.

Rene

thats a weight off of my shoulders, i just bought a house and i was getting worried sick, so what should i do if my employer asks me about my green card expiring?.I have no plans to leave the country so i should be ok in that area at least.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gcarnachan
thats a weight off of my shoulders, i just bought a house and i was getting worried sick, so what should i do if my employer asks me about my green card expiring?.I have no plans to leave the country so i should be ok in that area at least.
Tell him your PR status which allows you to work does not expire along with the green card. Tell him you've applied for the next step, and are waiting to hear from USCIS.

Rene
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:52 am
fg79

Hello all

I am filling the I751 form and here are the evidence documents I am
attaching.What do you think:

3 notarized affidavit letters.
Copy of Bank statement showing a shared chacking account.
Copy of Car insurrance showing mine (the souse) added to my husbands.
Copy of car registration which is under our both names.
Copy of joint Tax return fom lat year(2005) (I entered the USA at Jan
2005)
Copy of a home loan with our both signatures on it.
Copy of my Financial Aid transcripts from school,showing my home adress
and married and eligible to get the aid due to my husbands financial
status.

It would be great if you'd tell me your oppinions.

Noorah101 wrote:
    > > thats a weight off of my shoulders, i just bought a house and i was
    > > getting worried sick, so what should i do if my employer asks me about
    > > my green card expiring?.I have no plans to leave the country so i
    > > should be ok in that area at least.
    > Tell him your PR status which allows you to work does not expire along
    > with the green card. Tell him you've applied for the next step, and are
    > waiting to hear from USCIS.
    >
    > Rene
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Tell him your PR status which allows you to work does not expire along with the green card. Tell him you've applied for the next step, and are waiting to hear from USCIS.

Rene

So i just got off the phone with my lawyer,turns out that USCIS never sent the receipt letter out!,i got a receipt number from my lawyer and ive booked my infopass appointment for next weds to have my passport stamped,good old USCIS