Wikiposts

i751 pending

Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

kapyosei is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i751 pending

Hi everyone. My i751 was received in March '09 as per the receipt letter i received and the online case status. I however called after the six months time frame and was transferred from customer service to another level worker who told me that my file had been transferred to the local office. He said he could see it in his computer. I sent my lawyer who says she spoe with IO of confirmed that my case had been received late August. (Mark you i have not received anything telling me that my file had been transferred.
I however called customer care again a week ago and the customer service guy told me that he does not see anywhere telling him that my file had been transferred. I told him if i could speak with a tier 2 officer to see if indeed it had been transferred but he persistenlty insisted that that would be just another customer service person who will tell me the same thing.
My question is should i do another infopass after my lawyer confirmed that the file was there. I only paid her to go check the case not to follow up.
Has anyone recieved approval without an interview even after the file has been transferred to the local office.
Thanks all.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 12:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i751 pending

Did you receive the biometrics notice, and did you get the biometrics done?

Did you receive the 1-year extension letter?

If so, then you case is progressing as normal and there is nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kapyosei
I however called customer care again a week ago...
Don't bother calling customer service. They can't tell you anything meaningful.

My question is should i do another infopass after my lawyer confirmed that the file was there.
No.

Has anyone recieved approval without an interview even after the file has been transferred to the local office.
Yes - lots of folks have received approval without an interview.

What you need to realize, is that the I-751 is one of the lowest priority applications there is. Why? Because your status as a PR does not change at all while it is being processed. Even if it takes a year or more to process, you remain a PR with all the rights and responsibilities that brings.

Regardless, if you are interested in becoming a US citizen, go ahead and file the N-400 application when you are otherwise eligible - whether or not your I-751 has been adjudicated.

Ian
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you receive the biometrics notice, and did you get the biometrics done?

Did you receive the 1-year extension letter?

If so, then you case is progressing as normal and there is nothing to worry about.

Rene
Yes i have done the biometrics including the picture. I will wait. I am not just sure where exactly is the file. One says it has been transfered after one month another one says it is still in vermont. Anyways ill wait.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i have done the biometrics including the picture. I will wait. I am not just sure where exactly is the file. One says it has been transfered after one month another one says it is still in vermont. Anyways ill wait.
Yes, there's not much else you can do but wait. The next thing you should get in the mail is your 1-year extension letter. Eventually you'll either get approved or you'll get a notice to appear for an interview.

Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure why you are concerned and what you expect an infopass appointment to accomplish.

If your file has been sent to the local office, when the local office has gotten to your file, they will either complete the processing and/or will set up an appointment for you and your spouse to attend an interview. Once your file has been transferred to a local office, the timeline no longer applies to your case.

You will hear in good time what is required of you.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Once your file has been transferred to a local office, the timeline no longer applies to your case.
Rete
why timeline does not apply anymore? My i 751waiver was pending with nebraska center for 2,5 years. now they transfered it to Des Moines. After I made an inquiry calling customer sirvice, I got a letter saying my case was transfered and it's going through background check for 6 more months.
Wonder if it means I will get some answer.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

I however called customer care again a week ago and the customer service guy told me that he does not see anywhere telling him that my file had been transferred. I told him if i could speak with a tier 2 officer to see if indeed it had been transferred but he persistenlty insisted that that would be just another customer service person who will tell me the same thing.
My question is should i do another infopass after my lawyer confirmed that the file was there. I only paid her to go check the case not to follow up.
Thanks all.
My case was pending with Nebraska service senter for 2,5 years
I called customer service may be 3 or 4 times to make an inquiry about my case based that it is ouside of normal processing time Usually after you do that (they even give you a number of your inquiry while on the phone) you receive a letter - an answer for your inquiry. Each time I called I got the letter which usually came from Nebraska and it says what is going on with your case and it also says to contact them within so many days if I do not hear anything (usually 45 or 60 or 90 days)

My inquiry from july 22 2009 - received a letter very fast in a week still from Nebraska and letter said they did not make a decision yet.
Called again in october 2009 (3 months later after previous inquiry) they transfered me to 2nd level person and he was extremly helpfull told me the case was transfered to Des Moines and from his practice it's because I will probably get an interview soon. I still made an inquiry again and received an answer within a week - already from des Moines, so case was transfered.
The answer said - bachground check , contact them in 6 months if I do not hear anything.
Hope my story will help you to find out where your case is. From my experience I always have more outcome from calling customer service then from infopass. At least if I call I get a written letter in the mail.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks all for replying. I quess i just have to wait and call after the 30 days is up. I do have the one year extension it was sent before the biometrics. Ill just wait for the interview.
For you whose file has been there for 2.5 years, are you not eligible to file for citizenship? I thought you can file for citizen after 3 years of marriage if you are still married as Ian suggested to me. Lets pray for each other. Thanks.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

For you whose file has been there for 2.5 years, are you not eligible to file for citizenship? I thought you can file for citizen after 3 years of marriage if you are still married as Ian suggested to me. Lets pray for each other. Thanks.
That's right, but i'm not married to the same person, will file n400 in few months based on 5 years
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

I see yes you have to wait for five years. Des Moines is crazy. My case stayed there for years and when they did interview they did not even make a judgement. I moved to Dallas, closed that case and started a file with a program that they have since stopped called Pilot program. With that program i had my green card in three months. That is the conditional. Des Moines sent me a letter that my case had been cancelled claiming that i abandoned yet i had closed the case and transferred it here. My lawyer said i should not worry. I am in fact suspecting that is what is holding my case. Those people in Des Moines were not that nice.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I moved to Dallas, closed that case and started a file with a program that they have since stopped called Pilot program.
The name of the program was DORA. A "pilot program" means only that it is a new program.

Ian