I751 and NSC

Old Feb 5th 2002, 12:39 pm
Mary

We sent our I751 removal of conditions packet in April 2001. Got the extension of 1
year letter. Have the certified receipt from the P. O. that they received it on 7
April. Look at the Processing times on varying websites and all say that Nebraska is
working on June 2001
I751s. We have not heard a thing, should we panic now or wait a little?
    >
Also see from the newsgroup people are getting approvals from NSC with later
timelines than ours....

Old Feb 5th 2002, 1:43 pm
Onigiri

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
You have the right to panic anytime you wish. Does your one year extension go upto
July of this year? You may wait until a few weeks before that one year extended date
and go to your local INS office and get a I-551 stamp in your passport and check your
adjudication of I-751 status on their computer.

>
    >
This is true. However, we have known that INS has never given out waiting numbers
like a service outlet and took care of people who came in first.

Old Feb 5th 2002, 2:15 pm
Ranjini

Here is a link that might interest you.
http://www.masudafunai.com/english/p...up10-25-01.asp Quote: "I-751
filed without any documentation or a waiver is filed, then case transferred to local
office. I-751 filed with sufficient documentation supporting bona fides of marriage
will be approved and computer does not select a certain percentage for interview
anymore. Adjudication currently taking 5 months and NSC is working to reduce
processing time to 3 months. Transfer notice for interview will not be issued. If
more than 6 months has passed since filing, then it can be assumed that the case has
been transferred." end quote. We filed in May 2001 and were approved in Dec. 2001.
Could this mean your case has been transferred for interview??? Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 5th 2002, 2:25 pm
Mary

OH, I please hope not! We sent in lots of evidence (i mean what was recommended on
the FAQ etc) and we DO have a real marriage so we werent even worried until I
started seeing your success, others also! Should we call to see what the recording
says? Should we write to try to find out? I am certifiably panicked now. Its ironic,
because the fiancee visa, the AOS was so smooth, I was secretly thinking, wow, what
if this is smooth too, it will be GREAT! So I probably jinxed us ;(

Old Feb 6th 2002, 2:41 am
Ranjini

Mary, I don't know what else to think. Quite frankly, I wouldn't worry about the
interview. We had geared ouselves to go to one, if necessary. My husband's view was,
that since we have a viable marriage, it was nothing to worry about. There is no way
they can deny you. They will just ask for more evidence, which I have no doubt you
can provide. But since you say you have sent lots of stuff, I may just be mistaken.
The only way you can get any real results is if you contact the Immigration Liaison
attached to your Congress person's office. I suggest you do that. You can quote from
the url I sent you, and give that as the reason for your call. You can try calling
but from what I read here, they have no telephone service which provides updates on
the I-175 like for the I-129F. And letters are not going to give you the quick
results you are looking for. Hope this helps, Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 10:01 am
Suzanned

Default Removal of conditions

I received my approval for the Removal of Conditions on my Green card in May 2001 - details were sent to the Nebraska office (new photo/expired card etc) and I was told my new card would arrive in 6-8 months. I am still waiting! I went to get an extention in May 2002 and was then told oit is taking 12-18 months now for green cards to be issued. If you have received a letter indicating that you are now a legal resident of the US - you are approved - there will be no further interviews. Just a matter of waiting for your permanent Green Card - its frustrating but I hope this helps
Suzanne

Originally posted by Onigiri:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You have the right to panic anytime you wish. Does your one year extension go upto
July of this year? You may wait until a few weeks before that one year extended date
and go to your local INS office and get a I-551 stamp in your passport and check your
adjudication of I-751 status on their computer.

>
    >
This is true. However, we have known that INS has never given out waiting numbers
like a service outlet and took care of people who came in first.