Wikiposts

I751 Filing - VSC

Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:08 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default I751 Filing - VSC

Soooo.... I mailed off my delightful packet of evidence, big ol' check for $705, and petition to remove conditions to the VSC on Friday of last week.....

And blow me away, they cashed my check today!! w00t! that was quicker than I thought!

Has anyone filed I751 through the VSC recently and if so did they cash your check so fast? How long did it take after them cashing the check for you to get any kind of receipt / processing info from them ??

I know that this could go on forever, I know to them its low priority, but I was surprised at how fast the check went through and wondered if maybe things were moving quickly up there right now!!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 Filing - VSC

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Soooo.... I mailed off my delightful packet of evidence, big ol' check for $705, and petition to remove conditions to the VSC on Friday of last week.....

And blow me away, they cashed my check today!! w00t! that was quicker than I thought!

Has anyone filed I751 through the VSC recently and if so did they cash your check so fast? How long did it take after them cashing the check for you to get any kind of receipt / processing info from them ??

I know that this could go on forever, I know to them its low priority, but I was surprised at how fast the check went through and wondered if maybe things were moving quickly up there right now!!
I mailed my petition to remove conditions to VSC on May 28th. The check was cashed pretty fast and I received a notice of receipt within a week or so. I received my biometrics appointment letter in mid-August and had my biometrics done on September 14th. I received my new Green Card on October 4th.

From what I have read on the net, VSC had a slow-down during May and June, so it may be faster for you now.

You could check with other people who have filed around the same time here:

<URL Deleted>

Last edited by Rete; Oct 6th 2010 at 6:22 am. Reason: Poster referenced visa journey
Old Oct 6th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

check for $705
Just wondering why you sent $705? I paid $545.

Edit: Sorry, I guess you've got 2 kids?
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:41 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, thats right - two kids included in my petition, so $545 for me, then an extra $80 for each of them

Really nice to hear yours went quickly! I shall wait with baited breath!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep, thats right - two kids included in my petition, so $545 for me, then an extra $80 for each of them

Really nice to hear yours went quickly! I shall wait with baited breath!
Good luck!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:45 am
mjd
Just Joined

mjd is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sending in my I-751 package soon so this sounds great.
Any tips before I send it all off?

Best of luck in completing the process!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:02 am
Dizzy Blonde

Got my I797c Receipt notice & extension letter today!

Took them all of one week!

I'm impressed so far

mjd - I'd hate to give any tips out when I don't know if they are happy with what I sent But I am a member of the AR club, so I photocopied EVERYTHING, and included a cover letter with a glossary telling them what was in the pack in the right order... I don't know if they care or not but it made me feel better!

Oh, I also put my check in an envelope on the front of the petition so it was all kept together, again, don't know if they cared or not!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 10:52 am
Dizzy Blonde

Looks Like The VSC have been drinking their Monster!

Received my Biometrics appointment today - November 15th.

There was one for me and the oldest of the twins, but nothing for his brother.... yet.... Hopefully his will come in the next couple of days!

Those guys sure are moving fast!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:04 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Received the other twins Biometrics appointment today, and yep, good old USCIS want my 13 year old to go downtown on a different day!

His appointment is for November 2nd.... next Tuesday.... 13 days before the other two....

Obviously I have to go down there with him (Can't leave him to hitch-hike along I71) but I'm wondering If I take his brother with us as well, along with our appointment letters if they might be able to just do us all on the same day??

Tried to call today but of course its a never ending cycle of press 1 press 2, and with the time between today and the original appointment date there is no way I'd get a change through in writing beforehand.....

Opinions????
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I have to go down there with him (Can't leave him to hitch-hike along I71) but I'm wondering If I take his brother with us as well, along with our appointment letters if they might be able to just do us all on the same day??
Yes, I'm sure they will do all of them on the same day.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

C, I agree.. everyone goes, take all the appointment letters and your big winning smile.. who could resist?