in JAN 2004. If we dont hear anything from Vermont by then, do you think going
to Boston (WERE IN MASS) in say late Oct early Nov will be a problem to get
passport re stamped? I just dont want to wait until last minute. Also sending
in
N400 In early Oct. Any timeline on Fingerprint or other interviews? Thanks
for any input. Tim

Old Sep 7th 2003, 1:20 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 Extention about to expire

Originally posted by Mtw34
Hello My wifes I751 Extension document expires Dec 2003. We are going to travel
in JAN 2004. If we dont hear anything from Vermont by then, do you think going
to Boston (WERE IN MASS) in say late Oct early Nov will be a problem to get
passport re stamped? I just dont want to wait until last minute. Also sending
in
N400 In early Oct. Any timeline on Fingerprint or other interviews? Thanks
for any input. Tim
Boston will give you an extension by stamping your wife's passport with a new I-551. Note that they might do that until it is nearer to expiration than two months. Boston is user friendly so there is nothing to lose by walking in one morning and asking for the I-551.

Also note that recently others, myself included, have posted that VSC has sent out new NOA's extending the green card for another year since they have tacked on another 330 days for processing. Also VSC is now doing I-751s for NSC as well and some of those people have received notification from VSC as to the transfer of files and new NOA extension.

Rete
Old Sep 7th 2003, 1:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 Extention about to expire

Originally posted by Rete
My husband sent in his N-400 in mid-May. Receipt notification by VSC was a few weeks later and fingerprinting was done on July 19. He is scheduled for the N-400 interview and test on December 1. Our I-751 has not been adjudicated so the N-400 interview might well be moot and you cannot naturalize without favorable adjudication of the I-751.

Rete
Corrected post for USENET

My husband sent in his N-400 in mid-May. Receipt notification by VSC was a few weeks later and fingerprinting was done on July 19. He is scheduled for the N-400 interview and test on December 1. Our I-751 has not been adjudicated so the N-400 interview might well be moot and you cannot naturalize without favorable adjudication of the I-751.

Rete

Advice: Read all the posts, FAQ and Experience Pages. Commit the facts to memory or paper. Learn the process from start to finish and acquaint yourself with your service center, US Consulate and local BCIS office.

Our Yellow Brick Road Timeline:

I-129f applied for at VSC March 23, 1998; approved by VSC on March 30, 1998; K-1 approved at Montreal on June 13, 1998

AOS applied for at NYC on October 2, 1998; approved at NYC on August 11, 2000; stamp given on September 29, 2000

Removal applied for at VSC on May 15, 2002; still waiting

Naturalization applied for May 20, 2003; interview scheduled for December 1, 2003