I751 - cover letter

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I751 - cover letter

Comments split from this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628511
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:18 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You pay extra for this feature? What is its purpose? Curious minds would like to know.
Well, you have to keep in mind that this is a quirky little car. It has lights in the cup holders between the front seats, and a light under the glove box and under the driver's side dash. The light package is an extra $499 (at least that's what the sticker says). When you push the light button, all the aforementioned lights go through a rainbow of colors. There are 21 different shades that cycle through if you set it to. The other choice is to pick one that you especially like and stick with that. If you put it on cycle, your feet, calves, knees, and objects in the cup holders will be bathed in a soft glow of colored light. If you put it on cycle, it gradually changes from one color to the next, making you go, "ooooh!" and "ahhhhhh!".

When driving in the dark with a bottle of water in the cup holder, it looks especially cool as the water changes colors over time.......

What can I say? It's fun.
~SG
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:26 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: Matt's news and The Cube

Congrats to you and your bride

Pity about the Cube lol
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:43 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Hi Matt, Doesn't seem silly at all given that the I-751 instructions say "Submit copies of both front and back sides of the card."
Exactly, they require a copy of the back of the card. “Nice image of a magnetic strip you have there” :-) I understand they want it, but wanting it just seems silly to me. But hey, they set the standards.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
What can I say? It's fun.
~SG

I can see the new law being passed now ... no colorful rotating lights allowed inside of cars. Proves to be a distraction. Next thing you know the cops and insurance company will ask after the accident "Were the lights rotating?"

Don't flash and drive
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:47 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the new law being passed now ... no colorful rotating lights allowed inside of cars. Proves to be a distraction. Next thing you know the cops and insurance company will ask after the accident "Were the lights rotating?"

Don't flash and drive
They'd better not outlaw it.....that cost me 500 bucks!

Just to clarify......the lights themselves don't rotate. They just gradually change colors like a lava lamp. Sorta. It's all very subtle.

~SG
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify......the lights themselves don't rotate. They just gradually change colors like a lava lamp. Sorta. It's all very subtle.

~SG
Oooohhh very Retro 1970's. Groovy, man!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:56 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else need this option, bring me your van thingy after the Xmas lights go on sale in Wally World. I'll sell it to you for $49.99......and am expecting to make at least 49 bucks profit in that deal.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:01 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Anybody else need this option, bring me your van thingy after the Xmas lights go on sale in Wally World. I'll sell it to you for $49.99......and am expecting to make at least 49 bucks profit in that deal.
Hey FB----there is absolutely NO ONE who needs this option. It is pure "want".

~SG
(oooooh! aaaaahhh!)
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Pun intended?

And you're not fooling anyone by putting on that sheep costume.

Regards, JEff

Don't flash and drive
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:18 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Exactly, they require a copy of the back of the card. “Nice image of a magnetic strip you have there” :-) I understand they want it, but wanting it just seems silly to me. But hey, they set the standards.
Hey Jeff,
I actually take back my "seems silly" comment. I was just putting together an N-400 case and I was looking at the back of a greencard. In addition to the magnetic strip, there is also a bar code and a serial number. I had forgotten about this. So, maybe this can be useful to them after all. Have a nice long weekend everyone!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Hey Jeff,
I actually take back my "seems silly" comment. I was just putting together an N-400 case and I was looking at the back of a greencard. In addition to the magnetic strip, there is also a bar code and a serial number. I had forgotten about this. So, maybe this can be useful to them after all. Have a nice long weekend everyone!
Hey Matt:

A lot of people wait on filing for natz and the older versions of the I-551 have a lot of info on the back.