Wikiposts

i485 (spouse) - Jerry-44

Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

kkate2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i485 (spouse) - Jerry-44

Hi Jerry,

It's Kate,

I have been here in the united states since july 2003 on a k 3 visa almost 8 months and 2 weeks. My i130 (spouse) which was filed abck in texas service center in september 30 2002 is still pending. i called the ins (1-800-375-5283) to find out if i had to file the adjustment of status ( they told me that i have to wait for the approval of the i485 before since it is a k3 visa status and not a k1 visa) and it is always the same answer knowing that if i have to file my i485 (spouse) it shouldbe filed in menphis). We were struggling whether we should file the i485 all the past few months. Knowing that you were abvle to file the i485 last year based on a pending i130 makes me wonder whether we waisted much time in that. Well can yout ell me which disctrict office have you filed the i485. Some people did that and their i485 was not forward back to them. Are you filing in Menphis ? Do you know any person who is on a k3 visa and filed the i585 in menphis based on a pending i130 in texas service center ?

I would appreciate your help in that.

The hassel about the wait is that you have to redo all the medical exam again if the i485 was not file in the same year and if not so file again the EAD which requires doing the same thign twice again.

Do you think it is worth now that we have been waiting long for our i130 to be processed to file

- the i485 based on a pending i485 or
- file both a new i130 and i485 and pay man additional fee for the new i130

even though our petition i130 which was filed in september 2002 will be processed soon. (Maybe few months from now).

Either cases we have to redo the medical exams again. The medical exam wwere done last april 2003.