Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I134 Question - Letter of Employment

Wikiposts

I134 Question - Letter of Employment

Old Sep 30th 2001, 11:38 am
Carl Poster

Hi,

I just received a letter of employment from my employer, which I will be sending to
my fiancee in Mumbai (Bombay), India for her K1 interview.

The letter is dated September 12, 2001 and my finacee's interview should be around
December or so, we dont have a fixed date yet. My question is - will a 3 month old
letter of employment work at the time of the interview or should I ask my employer
for a new one just before my fiancee's interview ?

Also, the letter of employment only mentions my name, position, salary and how long
I've been with the company. Should I ask them to put down my social security number
on the letter as well ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. Carl

Old Sep 30th 2001, 9:49 pm
Mhaley12345

Carl,

I don't know exactly for Bombay, but I know for London mine was about 3 months old by
the time of the interview as well. I used the same one for the AOS filing 3 months
after that and we didn't have any problems. I just made sure I had a few up to date
pay stubs to go with it. If it would give you peace of mind go ahead and ask them to
write you another closer to Dec. and include the SS number.