I130 REQUEST FOR EVTDENCE

Wikiposts

I130 REQUEST FOR EVTDENCE

Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Ohar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I130 REQUEST FOR EVTDENCE

Originally Posted by A I
I'm going to take the liberty to help the OP by pasting in the Clue suggested by Folinskyinla:

Here it is from the Kenya table as it relates to Birth Certificates:
====
When a birth has not been registered, application may be made to the Registrar General for late registration of birth. If that office is satisfied with the evidence presented, late registration will be authorized and an official birth certificate can be obtained.
====

No specific documents at all listed, but rather "evidence presented", that is enough to "satisfy the office".

( In my layman read, Evidence could be testimony from Applicant, or video of the birth inside the New York Times press building, so the newspaper date can be seen in the video as it is being printed as proof of the day's date, or anything in between. As long as "the office" is satisfied and registers the birth. This meets my definition of VERY VAGUE.)

True, but at least the officer picked a boiler plate text that seems to have some relation to the evidence, since at least it refers to a Late Registration Birth Certificate.

I find the worst and most confusing RFEs to be the ones for evidence already submitted. They make you wonder if the officer read the file at all, or if some papers fell off the file somewhere on the way.

(Since the officer seems to have used some judgement in selecting the RFE, Since at least the text matches the case, My humble opinion to the OP: I would suggest this is indication that the officer wants to see what the RFE is asking for. Of course, your lawyer will provide a paid, and a more educated opinion)
Thanks, I'll speak with a lawyer.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ohar
Thanks,
but you got me more confused....you're not been specific with your explanations!
Sigh.

I feel that I am being fairly specific other than telling you EXACTLY how to respond. I am not your lawyer and I am not go to write the response to the RFE.

YOU have set forth a good set of facts.

I gave you the specific link to the relevant Reciprocity Table.

I've told you that the RFE's are tend to use generic "boilerplate."

For a parent I-130, you have to prove that you are a United States citizen and your mother is your mother.

Put all of that together and it should be clear what you need to do.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Sigh.

I feel that I am being fairly specific other than telling you EXACTLY how to respond. I am not your lawyer and I am not go to write the response to the RFE.

YOU have set forth a good set of facts.

I gave you the specific link to the relevant Reciprocity Table.

I've told you that the RFE's are tend to use generic "boilerplate."

For a parent I-130, you have to prove that you are a United States citizen and your mother is your mother.

Put all of that together and it should be clear what you need to do.
I got your point...thanks for your time.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone for your advices, I appreciate it. After submitting documents I am excited to share the good news that I got the approval letter in the mail yesterday. However, all it stated is "NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning concerning further immigrant visa processing steps" and was wondering what might be needed from me. Should I expect a letter in the mail saying i need to submit affidavit of support or something? Thanks once again.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ohar
Thanks to everyone for your advices, I appreciate it. After submitting documents I am excited to share the good news that I got the approval letter in the mail yesterday. However, all it stated is "NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning concerning further immigrant visa processing steps" and was wondering what might be needed from me. Should I expect a letter in the mail saying i need to submit affidavit of support or something? Thanks once again.
Congratulations on the I-130 approval.

The next step is that the NVC will ask for the applicant's "Choice of Agent" with form DS-3032. If you have the NVC case number, you can actually email the NVC with this information. Choosing the USC petitioner can make the NVC part of the case go faster.
http://familybasedimmigration.com/fo...hread.php?t=48
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80023.pdf

There is then a series of mailing back and forth with the NVC sending payments and forms (including, eventually, the I-864). You just have to go step by step with them and use their process.
Read all the pages in this section at least twice; they're not very clear!
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3190.html