$535
oh also the form that will send text/email receipt when petition recived
he sends this to the drop box relevant for Florida and then we wait

now hes read the website he's querying tbe i-485

the advice I've had here didn't mention the I-485
this costs over -$1100

the advice given to me is after I-130 et al have been sent and approved
6-9 mths later we do ds-260 and AOS online that's about another $450-500ish
It's at this stage he submits financials and tax returns??
then on interview after the (extortionate) medical we pay $220 for the green card processing fee??
Timelines - start to finish minimum 12 months

this is simplified

i-485? Is this now the DS-260 online

Old Oct 22nd 2018, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I130/CR1

I-485 is for those wanting to adjust status in the USA. This doesn't apply to CR-1 visas.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 2:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Tom is correct, the I-485 does not apply to your case.

However, I'm pretty sure all forms must be signed, double check the instructions. Also, if passport style photos of you are required, those also need to be submitted.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Kimi31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rene
pretty sure the website says as I'm not in the USA my I-130a doesn't need to be signed just filled in as hubby is filing from USA and will
sign his and the same for photos
i will check though when in get home x
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 3:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

"If they live in the United States, they must sign the I-130A. If they live abroad, they must still complete and file the I-130A, but they aren't required to sign it because the sponsoring spouse (the U.S. citizen or current green card holder) would be the one to send the form to USCIS"

The I-130 is unclear re photographs. At one area it says the spouse does not include passport photos if they are living outside of the US and then again on the list of things to be included it asks for photos of both spouses.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Kimi31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like we've got an impromptu trip in a couple
of weeks as father in law is poorly so will get photos there and check he's got everything else he needs to x
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
"If they live in the United States, they must sign the I-130A. If they live abroad, they must still complete and file the I-130A, but they aren't required to sign it because the sponsoring spouse (the U.S. citizen or current green card holder) would be the one to send the form to USCIS"

The I-130 is unclear re photographs. At one area it says the spouse does not include passport photos if they are living outside of the US and then again on the list of things to be included it asks for photos of both spouses.
Thanks, Rete.

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2018, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need your photos or a signature for I-130A if you're not physically present in the US.