Wikiposts

I130 approved first!

Old Jul 2nd 2002, 11:20 am
Philip

Default I130 approved first!

Hello all!

Here's one for you: our I-130 was approved roughly the same time as the
I-129F...about 85 days (even with an RFE on the I130). We still have not heard from
the consulate nor the NVC. My question is, if our goal is to get her here as soon as
possible, should we go on with the K3, or pick up the I130 route? As I understand it,
both the approved I130 and I129f have to go throught the NVC enroute to the consulate
abroad...a real delay. So I would think the processing times would be the same either
route. Anyone out there with experience on processing times from approved I130 to
interview date? Thanks a lot!!

Phil

Old Jul 2nd 2002, 11:20 am
Girard Bourque

Default Re: I130 approved first!

We understand that the "Books" say that as soon as the INS has approved the 130 that
the spouse of a US citizen can come to the states and not have to wait for a visa
number. However!

I do not have exact timelines, but my friend submitted a I130 back in Aug 2000. He
received the NOA of approval about 11 - 12 months. They informed him that they
forwarded the packet to the State department. The state department did not forward
his packet to the consulate in Santo Domingo until May of this year, and as of last
week she has still not heard from the consulate. Next month is 2 years.

I am holding my brith because the "book" also says that if the 130 has been approved
then the spouse is not allowed to apply for a K-3. I look at the times that VSC is
taking to process the 130s and the time MSC is taking to approve the 129s and then
tack on the time for the consulate to act and this could be a big delay in bringing
her up here.

Now the question becomes once the K-3 is started, if the 130 is approved, can you
continue with the K-3 process.

Jerry

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 6:21 pm
Philip

"Girard Bourque" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] et>...
    > We understand that the "Books" say that as soon as the INS has approved the 130
    > that the spouse of a US citizen can come to the states and not have to wait for a
    > visa number. However!
    >
    > I do not have exact timelines, but my friend submitted a I130 back in Aug 2000. He
    > received the NOA of approval about 11 - 12 months. They informed him that they
    > forwarded the packet to the State department. The state department did not forward
    > his packet to the consulate in Santo Domingo until May of this year, and as of last
    > week she has still not heard from the consulate. Next month is 2 years.
    >
    > I am holding my brith because the "book" also says that if the 130 has been
    > approved then the spouse is not allowed to apply for a K-3. I look at the times
    > that VSC is taking to process the 130s and the time MSC is taking to approve the
    > 129s and then tack on the time for the consulate to act and this could be a big
    > delay in bringing her up here.
    >
    > Now the question becomes once the K-3 is started, if the 130 is approved, can you
    > continue with the K-3 process.
    >
    > Jerry

Anyone know the answer to this? My wife called the consulate in Ecuador today and
they told her that after the I-130 is approved it is 3-4 MONTHS before they receive
it. I'm thinking that they'll recieve the K-3 approval before this and therefore
we'll be able to go ahead with that process and get her here much quicker. Any
experience out there? Especially timelines from I-130/I-129F approval and consulate
notification.

Thanks a million, Phil

Old Jul 4th 2002, 3:20 pm
Richard Sun

My wife and I have a similar situation. Our I-130 was approved also, but we're
stilling waiting for Packet #3 for the I-130, while we just got an interview date for
the K-3 visa. We decided since we've got the money to spare, not to take the risk and
just keep going with both processes. You never know with the INS when stuff will show
up, you know what I mean?

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old Jul 4th 2002, 7:20 pm
Philip

[email protected] (Richard Sun) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > My wife and I have a similar situation. Our I-130 was approved also, but we're
    > stilling waiting for Packet #3 for the I-130, while we just got an interview date
    > for the K-3 visa. We decided since we've got the money to spare, not to take the
    > risk and just keep going with both processes. You never know with the INS when
    > stuff will show up, you know what I mean?
    >
    > Here's my current time line:
    >
    > http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Hi Richard,

I was looking at your timeline and noticed something strange. You consulate received
the K3 approved notification very fast. From what I've read about K3 visas is that
the approved I-129f has to go to the NVC and they forward it to the consulate. Do you
know if this happened with your case? I read this info from a cable at the shusterman
site that explains to the consulates how the K3 visa works.

Thanks! Phil

Old Jul 4th 2002, 8:20 pm
Mrpher

[email protected] (Richard Sun) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > My wife and I have a similar situation. Our I-130 was approved also, but we're
    > stilling waiting for Packet #3 for the I-130, while we just got an interview date
    > for the K-3 visa. We decided since we've got the money to spare, not to take the
    > risk and just keep going with both processes. You never know with the INS when
    > stuff will show up, you know what I mean?
    >
    > Here's my current time line:
    >
    > http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Our I-130 was approved before our K-3. We waited them both out and continued with
both and the K-3 came first so we took that route. The NVC said we can choose
whichever one we wanted to go. We chose the first one that came our way, the K-3, and
now my wife is back with me. NVC told us that if we chose to take the K-3, to hold
off on sending the forms for the I-130 and wait until we enter on the K-3 and give
the forms to our local INS office and then they will request the approved I-130 and
we will continue adjusting from there.

Old Jul 5th 2002, 2:20 am
Richard Sun

From the NOA's I received, according to what it said, it does look like the NVC was
involved somehow, I must of been very lucky and hit all the right intermail
envelopes.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old Jul 27th 2002, 8:34 pm
rosellerg

got my I-130 approved and papers was forwarded to NVC. and NVC replied that visa # is not yet available for my wife till after 3 years.long wait, huh!!!! and i want to apply for a V-Visa program and my wife and son is already qualified by 11/02. my problem is WHERE DO I START NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Will I go for the V-Visa program? or just wait? and If I go for V-Visa program, Do I need to file a separate petition for my son? who is just 5 years old? Please help me !!!!! anyone with experience like mine and Attorneys, I would appreciate it very much or you can E-mail [email protected] thanks in advance

Old Jul 28th 2002, 6:20 am
Mrtravel@Sbcglo

I assume you are not a US citizne, correct?

Check the V VISA documentation. I am not sure if you are elgible.

Was the I-130 filed on or before December 21, 2000? Has your spouse been waiting for
at least 3 years since filing the I-130?

See

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdinonimm.htm

rosellerg wrote:
    >
    > got my I-130 approved and papers was forwarded to NVC. and NVC replied that visa #
    > is not yet available for my wife till after 3 years.long wait, huh!!!! and i want
    > to apply for a V-Visa program and my wife and son is already qualified by 11/02. my
    > problem is WHERE DO I START NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Will I go for the V-Visa program? or
    > just wait? and If I go for V-Visa program, Do I need to file a separate petition
    > for my son? who is just 5 years old? Please help me !!!!! anyone with experience
    > like mine and Attorneys, I would appreciate it very much or you can E-mail
    > [email protected] thanks in advance