Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I130 approved EAD not in hand...!!!!

Wikiposts

I130 approved EAD not in hand...!!!!

Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I130 approved EAD not in hand...!!!!

Hi everybody:

I need and advise, I apply for the EAD but my lawyer made a mistake filling the papers, so I had to re apply for the EAD again few months ago. On Jul 16th my I130 was approved but I don't have EAD in hand...!!!
Is it right?? have I to be worry about it??? Can I do something???

Thanks

2Pat
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:31 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I130 approved EAD not in hand...!!!!

Originally posted by doblepat
Hi everybody:

I need and advise, I apply for the EAD but my lawyer made a mistake filling the papers, so I had to re apply for the EAD again few months ago. On Jul 16th my I130 was approved but I don't have EAD in hand...!!!

Thanks

2Pat
Your timeline shows that you mailed off for the EAD in Feb-was that the first time you applied or the second? NBC is currently shown to be processing EADs from 1 February.
I hope HIS mistake didn't cost you an additional fee..........
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cindyabs
Your timeline shows that you mailed off for the EAD in Feb-was that the first time you applied or the second? NBC is currently shown to be processing EADs from 1 February.
I hope HIS mistake didn't cost you an additional fee..........
In February the first time, in May the second.. and unfortunately it cost me 180$ aditional fees.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

In February the first time, in May the second.. and unfortunately it cost me 180$ aditional fees.
Shouldn't have if his mistake and not yours.............
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody:

Thanks

2Pat
Hi 2Pat!

Just curious why it matters whether you have your EAD in hand yet, with your I-130 approval. What's the correlation?

And I agree that you shouldn't have had to pay another fee if it was the attorney's fault for sending it to the wrong place.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cindyabs
Shouldn't have if his mistake and not yours.............
I thought that but we had to pay again...
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
Just curious why it matters whether you have your EAD in hand yet, with your I-130 approval. What's the correlation?
I would like to know if I need my EAD and my SSN to keep going with the process after the I130 approval. I dont have any of that documents yet.

2pat
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know if I need my EAD and my SSN to keep going with the process after the I130 approval. I dont have any of that documents yet.

2pat
I'm not an expert on I-130's by any means, but I don't think you need the EAD and SSN to continue with the I-130 process. I think all it means is that you go through a bit of different processing through NVC, and then return to your home country for the interview.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody:

Thanks

2Pat

Pat

Welcome back!! I am so sorry to hear you had to re-apply for the EAD!!, If I were you I would fire your lawyer.. this is the second time he has messed up.. I am not trying to make you mad or anything.. It is just my opinion.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:53 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

2pat
You don't need the EAD or SSN to continue the I-130 process!, who told you that??. Since your I-130 is approved.. why haven't you filed an I-485?. You won't have to wait years and years for an interview since your I-130 has been approved!
When you go for your AOS interview.. you will then become a conditional permanent resident.. and you won't need to apply for the EAD anymore.. since you will be a green card holder.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:55 am

Originally posted by Noorah101
I'm not an expert on I-130's by any means, but I don't think you need the EAD and SSN to continue with the I-130 process. I think all it means is that you go through a bit of different processing through NVC, and then return to your home country for the interview.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Rene
She can continue the I-130 process in the US.. or go back to her country and get the immigrant visa thru the consulate and land as a CPR
Hey girlie.. is it hot in Phoenix today??
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:38 am

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
She can continue the I-130 process in the US.. or go back to her country and get the immigrant visa thru the consulate and land as a CPR
Hey girlie.. is it hot in Phoenix today??
112 degrees today!! :scared: