I130 Approval on K1

Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:03 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default I130 Approval on K1

Hi As some of you know my attorney had us fill out an I130 along with our I485 as a "belts and braces" form for our AOs for our K1. We got a copy of the approval notice for the I130 (original sent to attorney) but it mentions to file the I485 and include a copy of the I130 approval for AOS. Is that just standard because most people don't file I130 for a K1? Our I485 was transferred to CSC along with the I130 . We don't file another I485 do we? We already sent in all that money and they have our I485 on file. We filed for AOS the end of October and the case was transferred to CSC the middle of November.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I130 Approval on K1

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi As some of you know my attorney had us fill out an I130 along with our I485 as a "belts and braces" form for our AOs for our K1. We got a copy of the approval notice for the I130 (original sent to attorney) but it mentions to file the I485 and include a copy of the I130 approval for AOS. Is that just standard because most people don't file I130 for a K1? Our I485 was transferred to CSC along with the I130 . We don't file another I485 do we? We already sent in all that money and they have our I485 on file. We filed for AOS the end of October and the case was transferred to CSC the middle of November.
No, you don't need to do anything. You've already got an application in the system for your AOS.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I'd love to hear how Ms Belt n' Braces answers this question.

Where does your I-130 + $355 go now?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna

Hi:

The approval notice is boiler-plate. Personally, I don't file an I-130, but I've seen other attorneys do the same thing.

There are times when I do belts & braces -- I advised a potential client facing removal that he should file for Permanent Resident Cancellation of Removal, both adult US Citizen children should file I-130's [laying the way for a new I-485 under Azurin and Rainford] and also file a bare-bones asylum application.

Although I might get a fee for this removal defense, I am annoyed as a taxpayer that USCIS did not really exercise prosecutorial discretion in this case [12 year old DV conviction with a 1-day sentence -- he IS removable but no way he will be sent back to home country to be killed -- USCIS can't be accused of thinking].
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting about the removal.. it was initiated before January 20 2009? I wonder if some of this nonsense will taper off (or do they have one of those budgets that is spend it today or forget it for next year? Maybe they're trying to look busy).

penguinbar's attorney has been an interesting mixture of belts n' braces when it suits, and totally unaware of some of the basics in other times. I don't normally second guess a lawyer's advice, but this lady is unusual.

I *am* sincerely interested in how she tells penguin to react to the letter.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:30 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

As usual I didn't get answer from my attorney to some questions. She said the approval of the I130 acknowledges the marriage and that we are living together and that I can check the website that the I485 is still pending. I told her that the website is not reliable and it says the I130 is still pending and it was approved. This woman teaches classes on immigration but won't answer half of what I ask her! Will this confuse my case? So basically I just sit back nd wait for the 485 approval and AOS interview? I'm concerned and confused.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna

She never answers most of what I ask her and when I sned a second email asking the question again since she never answered it the first time she gets mad at me. It's stressfull enough going through all this without someone who you are paying to help you doesn't answer your queations and/or gives you the wrong answer! I don't know what I would do without the help of evryone on here!