Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I130 application rejected

Wikiposts

I130 application rejected

Old May 16th 2004, 11:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I talked to the lawyer

Originally posted by lairdside
Yup. He should have caught that one imho. Still an RFE is nowhere as near as awful as a complete resubmission.

Once they have the documentation they require hopefully your case should be adjudicated soon!
Caught what? What I-797 is needed for the filing of an I-130?

Rete
Old May 16th 2004, 2:01 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
Caught what? What I-797 is needed for the filing of an I-130?

Rete
You are not the only one who is confused. Who knows what they want. I can only hope that the OP clears matters up with their attorney and perhaps lets us know what the possible RFE was really for.

Old May 20th 2004, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
I thoroughly confused. From your timeline you married and your husband filed the I-130 for you and then a few weeks later the I-129F for your K-3. If that is true, what I-797 NOA is missing from your I-130? There is none that I can see that would be submitted with an I-130. The I-797 is required when you file for adjustment of status via the I-485 when one is a K-1 recipient. Perhaps that is true as well for a recipient of a K-3.

So what has been RFEd? Your I-130 or your I-485? And if it truly is your I-130 for what document?

Rete
He didn't do the process correctly, we recieved a RFE on I-130 because the I-797 wasn't inclued.

2pat
Old May 20th 2004, 9:17 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doblepat
I think so, I think he received a RFE, I will post tomorrow after our interview with him, at least I know from your experience guys that he made a mistake with the I-797 recipient wich he didn't inclued in our pettition on I-130. Thanks for your posts...

2pat
Hey Patricia!!

I am so confused!!

The I-797 is needed when you file the I-129 in Chicago for the K3, and also for AOS if the office where you have to file allows sending the AOS paperwork without having the I-130 approval.
If he did not include the I-797.. how in the heck did you get the I-129 approval??, You do not need the I-797 to file the I-130 because you get it AFTER you file it!.. Oh my.. I am going crazy
Old May 20th 2004, 9:23 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I know this isn't the moment.. but I wish my I-130 was in CSC..
An RFE means that they have at least picked up your application from the dusty shelf!!
Anyway girlie.. Wish you nothing but the best!!
Old May 21st 2004, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Patricia!!

I am so confused!!

The I-797 is needed when you file the I-129 in Chicago for the K3, and also for AOS if the office where you have to file allows sending the AOS paperwork without having the I-130 approval.
If he did not include the I-797.. how in the heck did you get the I-129 approval??, You do not need the I-797 to file the I-130 because you get it AFTER you file it!.. Oh my.. I am going crazy
I have not idea...!!! the paperwork that we showed us asked for the I-797 that wasn't inclued and that we need to refilled for the I-130 again paying for the new fee wich is 185$. He said also that Is the first time that happened, he always had been doing this process in this way for years, I'm confused too...!!

Wish us luck...!!!

2pat
Old May 25th 2004, 10:45 am
Just Joined

dog&pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doblepat
I have not idea...!!! the paperwork that we showed us asked for the I-797 that wasn't inclued and that we need to refilled for the I-130 again paying for the new fee wich is 185$. He said also that Is the first time that happened, he always had been doing this process in this way for years, I'm confused too...!!

Wish us luck...!!!

2pat
Pat, Just make sure your lawyer personally shows you the rejection/ resubmit/ new fee paperwork.n It sounds like he did but always get shown the actual paperwork from INS before paying anything additional ,etc.

You just never know, better be safe than sorrie.
Old May 25th 2004, 10:54 am

Originally posted by dog&pony
Pat, Just make sure your lawyer personally shows you the rejection/ resubmit/ new fee paperwork.n It sounds like he did but always get shown the actual paperwork from INS before paying anything additional ,etc.

You just never know, better be safe than sorrie.
I have the feeling that her lawyer is hiding something.. The I-797 is NOT a requirement to file the I-130 because you get it AFTER you file it. So I don't see how her application can be rejected because of that.
The I-797 is needed to file for AOS (If the service center/local office allows AOS without the approved I-130) and to file the I-129 for a spouse, it is obvious that's not it since she got her K3 visa.

Hyper (Hoping to be wrong)