Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I129F - Patiently waiting!

I129F - Patiently waiting!

Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I129F - Patiently waiting!

Originally Posted by selecta123
What are the other reasons Ian?
No two people will ever have the same timeline - even if the the process for both people begins the same day. While circumstances may be similar, they are never the same... so processing times will change. It would be highly unusual for both applications to be done by the same officer... so processing times will change. Even if they are done by the same officer, they aren't done at the same time, so processing times will change. An officer may take longer to complete one application than the other... so processing times will change.

The bottom line is that most people try to micromanage a process that can't possibly be micromanaged. They become focussed on minutae rather than on the goal. The 8-10 month processing time has stayed true for at least 15 years, and it likely won't change anytime soon... so it's highly unusual for the process to be longer. Focus on the goal... not the journey.

I understand it's difficult, but if you're wondering why you might not be as patient as your parent's generation... blame the Internet and today's instant access to information. Immigration doesn't work that way!

Ian
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:08 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...92&postcount=5

Regards, JEff

What are the other reasons Ian?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Oregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant future

My information came from telephoning the helpline number and they were able to tell us the date of the applications they were currently working on and they advised us it would be possibly another 2 months before they got to processing the date ours was received.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

selecta123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. I know everyones timeline will be different. That stands to reason.

I'm sure the access to information has it's good and bad points. But I wouldn't go back to the days before the internet! This forum alone has made the whole process a lot easier. I think it is a good idea to have access to information, especially when it comes to such a life changing event.

My patience is not being tested too far yet! I am in fact being unusually stoic... =)

Oregon, I think the 8 - 10 months start to finish is probably about right. I have my doubts about how good the staff are on the helpline. The processing times here - https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do show 5 months for California and 6 for Vermont.

Does your number give the same response as I get at the start of this post?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It's known as the "misinformation line" or the National Customer Disservice Center for a reason.

Regards, JEff

I have my doubts about how good the staff are on the helpline.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oregon Bound
My information came from telephoning the helpline number...
And you believed them? These people are 3rd party contract workers. They would have no idea how many applications are ahead of yours... indeed, even the officer who has your application in a pile sitting on his desk has no idea how long it'll take before he gets to yours.

... they advised us it would be possibly another 2 months before they got to processing the date ours was received.
With respect, they told you what you wanted to hear, whether it was true or not. They are allowed to lie to you... but it's more likely that they wanted you to think that they knew something they didn't actually know!

Ian
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Oregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant future

Well when I look on the USCIS website, the processing time does indeed still say 5 months and I read somewhere on there that unless it gives a date of the applications they are last working on then by 5 months that stage should have been done. As ours is now three weeks past the 5 month date I am inclined to believe that when we called them and they quoted a date of applications they were currently working on, that information was probably more up to date than the guide given on the computer.

This is what it says in relation to our petition:

Initial Review

On August 7, 2012, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:05 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously. Go about your life as if you have no clue when the next step will happen. You have no control until the visa gets approved, then you have to act fast. It is tough, but that is how it is.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RICH
Seriously. Go about your life as if you have no clue when the next step will happen. You have no control until the visa gets approved, then you have to act fast. It is tough, but that is how it is.
Your very right but it's always in the back of the mind. That said, my USC fiance is due here again to visit on 12th Feb for three weeks. That will definately make time fly by
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

selecta123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like 5 to 7 months for NOA2 and then a further 2-3 months until interview and possible approval.

Thanks for all the helpful posts, this gives me a better idea than I had before.

I don't think ignoring this rough idea of timings would work for me. I have a lot to plan before emigrating and having this rough estimate is very useful for me. Hopefully it is is for other users also.

Thanks again! =)
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

pinkdrumsandglitter is an unknown quantity at this point

I am from the UK, and my fiancee is a US Citizen. It will be 7 months in 10 days that we have been waiting for our NOA2. I hope its not much longer. I just got back from a 3 month visit to the USA. We have a 1 year old baby together, so it makes it tougher! He is missing his daddy! He was 10 months old before he was able to see his dad for the 1st time, as he was born in the UK.
I do think its strange that it takes 7 months or more + background checks and a medical examination to obtain this 90 day visa, when i have already gone to the USA for 90 days on 3 occasions on a tourist visa which required no medical, background checks to get, and was available instantly.
Surely it would make more sense to have all this extra paperwork for the extension of stay/ green card application process, rather than on the 90 day fiancee visa. As surely it would only be neccessary if you applied to extend your stay and apply the greencard once married. It would make things a lot more logical.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Default Not sure how long i should expect to wait for my NOA2??

Our I-129F petition was received on 13 September 2012. We received our NOA1 on September 14 2012. So we have been waiting for almost 7 months now. How much longer should i expect to wait before asking for an e-request into my case update?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:33 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

With the K1 the non-immigrant is (obviously) intending to become an immigrant. Clearly its better to conduct checks before they enter the country then after.

What service centre was the petition sent to?

Last edited by civilservant; Mar 3rd 2013 at 9:40 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

It was sent to California. If a visitor can stay up to 90 days then surely they should do background checks on people there too. I think they would have less criminals entering!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkdrumsandglitter
It was sent to California. If a visitor can stay up to 90 days then surely they should do background checks on people there too. I think they would have less criminals entering!
A pre-condition of being a visitor is that you intend to leave, a pre-condition of the K1 is that you intend to stay. Obviously they arent the same thing.

CSC are beginning to groan under the weight of applications similar to Vermont, has your other half called the phone number to enquire?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.