I129F Approval

Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

london2008 has a spectacular aura aboutlondon2008 has a spectacular aura aboutlondon2008 has a spectacular aura about
Default I129F Approval

Just thought I'd share. Having not checked the status on our petition for over a month (trying to be relaxed about the whole process!) I thought I'd take a look online today. Well I must have been psychic as the status now reads:

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 9, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Yey!! Incidentally, the receipt notice was dated Feb 5 from California Service Center. And so it took just over 4 months from NOA1 to NOA2.

I do have one question for you all. Is there anything my fiance and I should be doing now or can we relax and wait for full paperwork and instructions to reach us? Some quick background - I'm a UKC marrying a USC via K1 visa. We are planning our wedding for May 2009 as: 1) we don't know how long the K1 visa process will take and 2) we want to plan our wedding well in advance so that all our friends and family can travel and be with us on the Big Day. So basically we have just under a year before we hope to get married in the US. Based on what I've read here that's plenty of time and so there's no need for me to be rushing around preparing paperwork in advance. Or am I missing something?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 2:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I129F Approval

Originally Posted by london2008
Based on what I've read here that's plenty of time and so there's no need for me to be rushing around preparing paperwork in advance. Or am I missing something?
You have 6 months to enter the US from the date the visa is issued, and then a further 90 days to get married. So, as long as you don't actually get the visa prior to August 2008, your marriage can be in May 2009. Fortunately, delaying the process is entirely controllable to some extent... but you don't want to wait too long!

Ian
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:23 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

You an start by getting your UK police certificate. That can take about a month to recieve. Make sure you have a long copy of your birth certificate as well with your parents names on them and not the short copy that the UK sometimes issues. Your fiancee can start filling out the I134 affidavit of support. She or he will need to get it notarised as well. We recieved the paper work a few weeks after our I129 was approved. Make duplicates of the birth certificate and police report as well and bring them to the interview. They asked my fiancee for those.You can look online at the USCS website to see wht documents you will be required to bring to the interview. Start preparing evidence of support Your fiancee will need a letter from her job as well. We put to gether a whole file. You will need to get Pictures to bring with you as well for the forms that you will be submitting. There is a chemist just around the corner from the embassy that does them as well. The petition is good for 4 months in which you need to go to your interview. A consular officer can extend that if need be. I just think it's important to be organised. My fiancee just had hois interview in London on June5th and was approved that day. You will need to schedule a medical. They will sedn you info on tht as well. My fiancee was at the embassy 3 1/2 hours. Most of the time was spent waiting. It was alot less painful then we thought! he brought pictures of us , emails letters but they didn't ask for them. Each case is different though. As Ian stated you have 6 months after approval to get to the US and 90 days to get married and file the paperwork.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

make sure u get the correct police certificate it only takes 10 working days not like the old cert it took 40 days.

The k1 process will fly by i bet in about 6 to 8 weeks u will have your visa in hand ...london are good providing you have all the correct documentation.

Congrats on your NOA 2 & Good Luck for the rest of the process

Michelle