Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I129/I130 Example interiew questions?

Wikiposts

I129/I130 Example interiew questions?

Old May 30th 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

sunnylondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I129/I130 Example interiew questions?

Hi there, thanks for your guidance - its been great! We've just had both I-129F and I-130 approved.

(recap: few months back I was denied entry in to the US when I wanted to visit my husband. They thought that I may not leave and put me on a plane back and taken away my right to use the VWP...)

Must admit my biggest worry is that my previous denied entry as a visitor might be a problem in the interview? Just want to be sure that this won't be a problem . I'm otherwise a pretty regular person - no other issues.

I'd really like to get more of an idea about the interview - would be grateful for any example questions? Are there any other points I should be prepared for?

Many thanks...
Old May 31st 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Re: I129/I130 Example interiew questions?

Originally Posted by sunnylondon
Hi there, thanks for your guidance - its been great! We've just had both I-129F and I-130 approved.

(recap: few months back I was denied entry in to the US when I wanted to visit my husband. They thought that I may not leave and put me on a plane back and taken away my right to use the VWP...)

Must admit my biggest worry is that my previous denied entry as a visitor might be a problem in the interview? Just want to be sure that this won't be a problem . I'm otherwise a pretty regular person - no other issues.

I'd really like to get more of an idea about the interview - would be grateful for any example questions? Are there any other points I should be prepared for?

Many thanks...
I am going through the same process as yourself ( I-130 )
A few years back i was denied an entry into US as they didn't think i had strong enough ties to UK ( at that time) so whenever i wanted to travel i had to apply for a B1/2 visa this was not a problem more of an inconvience. being deneid entry for what i was had no effect and hasn't but now being marriedto USC i would not waste my time trying to get a visitors visa since they see being married is yet again not showing strong ties to UK so im here in Scotland awaiting my approval ...it's been 8months and still no approval but i guess that's the world of USCIS ...slowwwwwwwwww

and don't worry about your denied entry it should all be fine
I guess u have to be deported or something real bad for it to be a major concern, im assuming your reason was not anything bad.
Oh...please remember to keep all paperwork related to your denied entry because i guess the more you can show to USCIS the better for them to trace.
Good luck
Michelle
Old May 31st 2008, 3:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks...
Your previously denied entry should not be a problem. Did your I-130 and I-129F both get approved at the same time? I wonder which one will be the one to process through to your interview? Will you have an interview for an Immigrant Visa, or the K-3, I wonder?

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your previously denied entry should not be a problem. Did your I-130 and I-129F both get approved at the same time? I wonder which one will be the one to process through to your interview? Will you have an interview for an Immigrant Visa, or the K-3, I wonder?

Rene
Hi there, Looks like I'm following the K3 route. I received instructions to complete various items i.e. police certificate, medical, app forms (DS-156 etc) and then post to the US embassy...

Just wondered, how long does it take for them to assign me an interview date once I've sent them and they've received my paperwork? Many thanks!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, Looks like I'm following the K3 route. I received instructions to complete various items i.e. police certificate, medical, app forms (DS-156 etc) and then post to the US embassy...

Just wondered, how long does it take for them to assign me an interview date once I've sent them and they've received my paperwork? Many thanks!
All those things are required for the Immigrant Visa as well. Do you know which visa interview you are actually attending (K-3 or Immigrant)? Does any of the paperwork you received state which visa this is for?

Other posters have said the interview is scheduled about a month or two after you turn in the checklist.

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

It seems to be for the K3 visa. Planning on getting everything posted to them by end of June. So, perhaps an interview in Aug? How long (if all is ok) would it take for them to issue the actual visa? Do you think I can leave in Sept? (Sorry - alittle eager to join my bloke I guess :-)
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:17 am

It seems to be for the K3 visa. Planning on getting everything posted to them by end of June. So, perhaps an interview in Aug? How long (if all is ok) would it take for them to issue the actual visa? Do you think I can leave in Sept? (Sorry - alittle eager to join my bloke I guess :-)
If all goes well at the interview, and you get approved, it takes up to 5 days for your visa to come by courier. But you can't count on that, because you really don't know what will happen for sure at the interview...if they need further paperwork or something, you wont' get approved that day. Don't buy any tickets or make any plans that can't be changed. Don't buy a ticket until you have the visa in your hands.

Rene