at the same time. About how long do we need to wait to hear SOMETHING? How long
does it take for him to get an appointment at the London embassy? What happens
after that? We are using a lawyer, but he has not explained things very clearly
to us!

Thanks for any info anyone can share!
Marieanne

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I129/130

Originally posted by MerryLemon
I would like anyone to let me know any information about time & what happens
next.

I am married, my husband in is London. Our I-129 was received by the Texas
center on 2/13/2004. I have not received any notification about the I-130 sent
to us!

Marieanne

If you are going for the K3, which it seems you are, the 130 has to be received by TSC FIRST. Once you get an NOA from TSC for the 130, you then file a 129F application through NBC. This could take a good 3 months to get a second NOA from them. Once the 129F is approved, your paperwork is sent to NVC and in short order (usually), it is sent to London where the process continues with the info packet sent to him. He sends back the required info (to include the 134, Affadavit of Support YOU fill out), they process it and then schedule him for an interview.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:52 pm
MerryLemon

We already sent the affadavit of support, tax returns, documentation that we
are a legitimate couple (photos, cards, etc.), his police report,
birth/marriage/divorce certificates for the both of us, the passport-style
photos of both of us. Would this affect the time frame at all??? He wants to
come over in June, and we are both getting scared things will not move fast
enough for that.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:54 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

We already sent the affadavit of support, tax returns, documentation that we
are a legitimate couple (photos, cards, etc.), his police report,
birth/marriage/divorce certificates for the both of us, the passport-style
photos of both of us. Would this affect the time frame at all??? He wants to
come over in June, and we are both getting scared things will not move fast
enough for that.
NBC is processing I-129f's as of January 8, 2004 right now. It's most likely going to be at least a month before your application is even looked at. Once it's approved (NOA2) it will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire, and they will forward it to London - I believe the average time for this leg of the trip is about 2 weeks.

From there, I can't tell you how long it will take for the interview. Before that happens though, your husband will be sent some paperwork from the consulate in London (packet 3) with more forms to fill out. He'll also have to get a medical, provide police records, immunization records and perhaps some other things.

Hate to be a downer, but I don't think June is a realistic timeframe for your husband to be able to enter the US.

Kim
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough

I'm quite confused as to what you are applying for. Please let us know more and we can all assist.

If you are not married you have applied for a 129F at Texas for a K1.

If you are already married, you needed to mail out the I-130 first to Texas, get a reciept, then mail the I-129F (K3).

Which situation are you?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:04 am
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by Zenas
I'm quite confused as to what you are applying for. Please let us know more and we can all assist.

If you are not married you have applied for a 129F at Texas for a K1.

If you are already married, you needed to mail out the I-130 first to Texas, get a reciept, then mail the I-129F (K3).

Which situation are you?
She already stated that she is married and her husband is in London.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:09 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I would like anyone to let me know any information about time & what happens
next.

I am married, my husband in is London. Our I-129 was received by the Texas
center on 2/13/2004.
Please tell me this is a typo. Did you really send your I-129 to Texas??

I have not received any notification about the I-130 sent
to us!

Marieanne
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:15 am
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by Leslie66
Please tell me this is a typo. Did you really send your I-129 to Texas??

Hopefully her lawyer would know better.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough

Since you are already married,

Your I-130 should have gone to Texas first.

Then, your I-129F (K3) should have gone to Chicago (Missouri(NBC)) with a copy of the receipt from Texas.

Are you doing all this yourself or is your lawyer?

Either way, it sounds like you sent both your I-129F and the I-130 at the same time to Texas.

This is incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you are indeed going the K3 route and just beginning, there is no way June is likely, if everything was ok, I would have said July/August. But it sounds like you have a heap of mess to sort out, which will take you even longer than that for sure.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by KimJ
Hopefully her lawyer would know better.
I know of another K3 couple who's attorney sent the I129-F to the wrong service center. It detained their petition for months and months.

:scared:
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:50 am
Queen of the Obvious

I know of another K3 couple who's attorney sent the I129-F to the wrong service center. It detained their petition for months and months.

:scared:
Yes, I've read of this happening a few times on this board. As a matter of fact, I consulted a few lawyers before ultimately deciding to do the paperwork ourselves. Even at the earlier stages of the game I seemed to know more about the process than some of the lawyers I talked to.

Maybe more lawyers should read up at BE!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:23 am
WTF?

I would like anyone to let me know any information about time & what happens next.

I am married, my husband in is London. Our I-129 was received by the Texas center on 2/13/2004.
Your I-129 was supposed to go to the MSC not the TSC.

I have not received any notification about the I-130 sent
at the same time. About how long do we need to wait to hear SOMETHING?
Hopefully these were NOT sent in at the same time. Hopefully you HAVE received notification about the I-130. You were supposed to send the I-130 notification in with your I-129.

How long does it take for him to get an appointment at the London embassy?

At this rate it will take forever and a day to get your appointment. From what you've said you have sent in an incomplete petition to the wrong service center.

What happens after that? We are using a lawyer, but he has not explained things very clearly to us!

Marieanne
Maybe you just have some of the details confused because you didn't actually do the paperwork yourself. Why don't you call your attorney and ask him for some more details.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

There is no such animal as MSC...hehehe

Your I-129 was supposed to go to the MSC not the TSC.

Hopefully these were NOT sent in at the same time. Hopefully you HAVE received notification about the I-130. You were supposed to send the I-130 notification in with your I-129.

At this rate it will take forever and a day to get your appointment. From what you've said you have sent in an incomplete petition to the wrong service center.

Maybe you just have some of the details confused because you didn't actually do the paperwork yourself. Why don't you call your attorney and ask him for some more details.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:02 am
WTF?

Originally posted by lpdiver
There is no such animal as MSC...hehehe

Says you!

But!!! Before I confuse things even more.........

To the OP:

The I-129 would actually be sent to Chicago and then forwarded to the MSC (Missouri Service Center).

Tony,

How can you argue with that??
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

MSC went the way of INS and BCIS.

Says you!

But!!! Before I confuse things even more.........

To the OP:

The I-129 would actually be sent to Chicago and then forwarded to the MSC (Missouri Service Center).

Tony,

How can you argue with that??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.